Chapter 45

John's POV

When I woke up, Myra was no longer beside me. I looked at the wall clock.

"It's 9 AM?" I whispered and rolled my eyes.

Suddenly I remembered the ring. We can have dinner again and I will propose to her.

I looked in the cabinet at the coat I wore the night that I was supposed to propose but it wasn't there.

"Shit, I suddenly remembered I just removed it and left it here-" I looked at the study table.

Suddenly my world collapsed.

"Oh no! Myra might have seen that!" I whispered.

I put on a T-shirt, went to the kitchen and looked at the basket of our dirty clothes. I was stunned to see that it was empty.

"Oh? Are you going to use the bathroom?" Myra asked and went out of the bathroom.

I swallowed. I'm so nervous. Has she seen it and she's just pretending she doesn't know?

"D-did you see anything on my coat?" I stuttered.

"Coat? Which one? The black one?" she asked and fetched water from the refrigerator.

"Yes, yes! That! Where is that?" I asked anxiously.

"Ahh... It's in the laundry---"

"WHAT!?" I shouted and got on my knees.

"Huh! Why? You left any money insidel? Oh no!" she said.

I looked at her, so she didn't know yet.

"I'm sorry, John! You were still asleep earlier! Today's a holiday so we don't have school and then I can't do my laundry because I'm pregnant and Mama went--" I didn't let her finish explaining.

"OH HELL NO!" I shouted and ran out of the house.

The laundry is on the corner of our subdivision, just so close.

"JOHN!" Myra shouted but I ignored her and ran to the laundry.

"Kuya John--" the son of the owner of the laundry shop greeted me but I immediately trespassed and went inside their laundry.

"WHERE IS THE COAT MYRA GAVE ME !?" I shouted and looked at the bags one by one.

"SON! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" an old man shouted at me.

"I'M SORRY! I'M JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE!" I shouted as I continued to search.

"Myra? The pregnant woman?" asked the owner's son.

I immediately nodded.

"Already in the washing machine, why---"

I immediately ran to the washing machines and opened them even though they were still running. Suddenly, bubbly water spewed out of my face due to the water in the washing machine.

"Rats!" I whispered and immediately pulled on the clothes. I'm looking for my coat.

"WHERE IS IT!?" I shout as I continue to dig into the washing machine.

My eyes twinkled when I got my coat on. I immediately looked in the pocket and was nervous again when it was empty.

"JOHN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I heard Myra shout, anger in her voice.

"Fuck... It might have fallen," I whispered and dug into the washing machine again.

"John, is this what you're looking for!?" Mrs. Felli, the owner of the Laundry shop, shouted at me.