Chapter 9

Myra's P.O.V

I arranged my belongings because I would be gone for a long time.

"Mom, just text me if you need me here, then always be careful. Lock the door immediately after all you are here alone" I said while folding my clothes.

I will first move to Sir John's house and find a job online. So even if I am at home I will earn income.

"Daughter, don't worry about me, you will have to be careful after all you said that you're going in a far place. I have many friends here, I'll be fine" said Mama.

"I will leave you with them" I said and smiled at Mom.

Mom handed me a money but I did not accept it.

"Mom, it's okay" I said and just smiled.

"It's only a small amount child" Mom persist me.

"Tsk, No Mom" I said.

I have arranged my belongings and I have changed my clothes. When I'm already finished, I said goodbye to Mom as I was leaving.

I called our neighbors that I was leaving so I hope they looked at Mom.

It's hard for me to leave Mom here alone, But I was not ready to hear hurtful words from her. I still don't want her to be disappointment. Not now.

I only have a low budget, that's why I only take a jeepney, even if the trip is a hassle, I have to get at sir John's place. Afterwards, I just walked a little bit more to Sir's house.

When I arrived at Sir John's house I was exhausted. I slammed his gate to get his attention.

"Sir!" I shouted.

When he walked out of his door. He stared at me first and the luggage I was carrying.

"Did you run away from home?" Sir asked before opening the gate.

"Is it obvious?" I asked sarcastically.

"Damn! Myra, you are pregnant and you carry so much weight" said Sir as he took the two bags I was carrying.

I was hold my chest as I entered his house, my heart keeps beating hard because I got out of breath because of walking.

"Sir, can I ask for water?" I asked and sat on his sofa.

"What happened? Why did you run away? Did your Mama find out?" Sir asked.

I stared at him.

"So? I'm going to die first?" I asked and rolled my eyes.

"No—sorry wait!" said Sir and went to the kitchen to get me some water.

Sir returned with a glass and a pitcher.

"Why is there a pitcher?" I asked.

"Maybe a glass of water isn't enough for you" Sir John said.

I just stared at it and drank some water. I was very tired from walking because it was a bit far too. I have no choice because I don't have too much money to ride a trycicle.

"Sir? Can I stay here at your house for a while?" I asked.

"Do you think you still have space here?" Sir asked calmly.

"Damn! All right, then don't! If you weren't my child's father, I wouldn't be here asking for your help!" I shouted angrily.

I was about to leave but Sir John stopped me.

"Don't be angry, I'm just joking. I'll let you stay here as long as you want but tell me what happened first" Sir John said.

"My Mom doesn't know yet" I said.