Chapter 29

Myra's P. O. V

I just stared at the couple in front of our table, the boy was so sweet to the girl and then they have a baby in the stroller beside them and asleep. I suddenly felt sad.

"Eat that" Cass said.

I looked at her and smiled, I took my spoon and started eating.

We are here at Gerry's Grill for lunch. Cassandra will treat me for lunch.

"I'll take you home after this, Dad's secretary contacted me, she said I am need in the company" she said while eating.

"Alright. Thank you, you freed me again" I said shyly then ate.

"Like a fool! Come on! Probably! I am your friend! Then speaking of friends, you know? Dad's friend's son is feeling close to me. Floid, the way that he touch me yesterday at the meeting, we will almost exchange faces! He's always so close" irritated Cass said, so I laughed.

"Gosh! You still look like that! Maybe you're his type" I said then drank an ice tea.

She cleared her throat and glare at me.

"Seriously? He looks so innocent in love, he doesn't know anything to tell but a game, he even invites me to play Call of Duty, I don't know that" said Cass.

My bestfriend really is beautiful! She have lots of boys. While I ... I have only lost one. Maybe he is not yet my Mr. right.

"Myra?"

I stopped chewing when I heard that voice.

"O. M. G" Cass said in shock as she looked behind me.

I do not know if I will turn around, I am nervous. I know that voice very well.

"How are you?"

I was stunned as he slowly walked towards me then pulled up a chair and he sat there.

"N-nhel? B-why are you here?" I stuttered.

My heartbeat quickened when I saw him, he looks different now. He became very formal to look at. The strength of his former in the simple Jeans and Black T shirt he was wearing. I can see the veins in his hand, his undercut haircut is also suitable for him plus his brushed back wavy hair.

"You're really back here in Manila!? When did you came back?" Cass asked cheerfully.

I looked away from Nhel's eyes staring straight at me.

"Last week, I was assigned here, I was the engineer of the building to be built near here. I just thought of eating, I even checked the restaurants I was looking for a vacant seat" he said.

Confused, I grabbed my ice tea and unexpectedly it slipped into my hand causing it to fall on the table and leaked.

"Shit" I whispered and immediately wiped the ice tea using a tissue then I threw away.

I saw ice tea dripping from the table onto Nhel's clothes.

"Gosh! Sorry, I'm sorry!" Confused, I said and immediately took all the tissue on the table and wiped Nhel's clothes.

I did not look at him but he suddenly grabbed my hand causing me to look at him.

"Wow, look what's happening, waiter! Comeback please! I mean we like to order again!" Cass teased.

"It's fine" Nhel said smiling.

I tried to smile at him and looked at the hand I was holding.

"Aw-- sorry" Nhel said immediately and let go of my hand.

"How many months is your child?" Nhel asked weakly and looked at my stomach.

"5 months already" I answered sparingly and smiled.

Nhel looked at me in the eyes, he's sad. I know him for almost 3 years, he's ... Sad right now.

"What will you order, Mam?" the waitress suddenly came so I immediately averted my eyes from Nhel.

"Nhel, you order. Come and eat with us" said Cass.

Nhel nodded and ordered, I just continued my meal and averted my eyes from Nhel.

A table cleaner approached us and cleaned up my discarded ice tea.

"Are you getting married?" I almost choked on Nhel's question to me.

I shook my head.

"Oh my Nhel! They have LQ! Myra has already left Sir John!" Cass replied.

I looked at her and kicked her foot.

"What!?" she murmured.

I stared at her and turned my gaze to Nhel.

"Really?" he asked while eating.

"Uhm-- just had a problem, but didn't solved it" I thought.

"So where are you living now? Still the same house?" he asked.

I nodded slowly.

I looked at Cass, she's smiling like an evil.

Are you really a friend or what?

************************

John's P. O. V

I woke up to a loud bang from the door.

I heard Karilyn's voice.

"JOHN?" she shouted.

I opened the door and stared at her. The shock in her eyes was obvious when she saw me.

"W-what happened? Why is it so dirty-- you smell like wine--"

"Fuck Karilyn, I thought we're friends!" I sighed.

She touched my chest so I walked back away, she entered the house and looked around all over the dirt in surroundings.

I went to bar last night. Yes, I drank too. I only have myself. I'm dealing all of this shit by myself.

"John..." she said gently and touched my face.

I immediately touched her wrist and pressed the grip while I looking into her eyes badly.

I know, I can't treat a woman like this. She was my friend, yet she betrayed me.

"Don't act so innocent, Karilyn. It doesn't suit you" I said firmly then let go of her hand. "you shouldn't come here"

His aura darkened.

"What's wrong with that girl!? John! Why it can't be me!? I've waited for you so many fucking years! When we're young you said you're not yet ready for a fucking relationship but look! You already have a fucking child!" she yelled at me.

"DON'T! Curse on my child!" I said emphatically, I walked towards her until we were close.

"Don't you ever, rule my life. I'm not yours! Look at this shits you've done! Myra left me because of you!" I shouted reason to map her back.

"BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU DID THAT!" she shouted.

"No"

She laughs, "So you have no intention of telling her what was your way of claiming her. That you meant everything to take her life? You don't want me to control your life, yet... You controlled Myra's life. There's nothing she can do but come to you because she's carrying your child, right? "

I fell silent.

She's right. Maybe I am a really messed up man. She doesn't deserve someone like me.

"I'm ready to give it all up to you, can she do that? she left you. You are nothing to her but you mean a lot to me" She said seductively so I looked away.

"John. Change your life, choose me" she said and kissed me.