Chapter 14: His New Best Friend

Annabeth's pov

4 years have passed and not a single soul knows. Well a living soul I talked to Zeno about it. Not really talking, I cried about it to him for hours. Talking about it to anyone else hurts. I don't think I can talk to anyone else about it.

I've kept it hidden this long. What's a few more years? I don't think I can face Valentino today. I'd break down and just keep saying sorry. It feels like my fault even though the doctors kept saying it wasn't. It is a natural thing and some people's bodies aren't fit for it. I didn't know until I was in the hospital. I wish the outcome could have been different.

At least I gave Zeno a friend.

"Anna you have been drinking all day" Gio says coming to the balcony. I don't say anything, I just take another swing out of the bottle. "Did Marcello do something?" I look at Gio taking a deep breath.

"No Giovanni, Marcello didn't do anything to me. If anything he's been trying to get me to go home and just talk to him. I just need to be alone do me a favor close the glass when your done"

"Anna you haven't eaten all day, your mouth has been glued to a bottle, you're not telling anyone what's wrong. How are we supposed to help you?"

"Gio I don't want fucking help. I just want to be alone" I tell him choking back more tears he sighs hugging me tightly. "I'm here whenever you need me" He wipes my face before closing the balcony door.

I hear him leave my room. My body is incapable of feeling nothing but numb. Maybe it was my fault. I mean not long before that Adam had his way with me. I know it wasn't Adam because of blood work but it still doesn't take away the fact it was ripped from me. I just keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason. One day I'll have that part of me again.

Till then I hope Zeno's having a fun time in heaven with his new best friend.

Valentino's pov

I stopped bringing Brielle with me when I came to Anna's house. I think Anna would kill her not that I would stop it. The abuse physically has stopped thank god but that's just because her wrist is broken. My wounds have healed properly so that is amazing.

Brielle is my fiance and still thinks she should have her apartment. It'll be another argument if I say something but if we're supposed to get married shouldn't we live together? Most of the time we'll end up in my bed or hers but it'd be easier if it was one place.

I don't even know why I'm complaining the days Brielle doesn't come over are the best. The house is at peace. No one is yelling at each other. I can actually get work done. It's the best time.

"She's not talking i've tried but she literally told me get the fuck out. Something happened. I know it but what is it?" Giovanni says cracking a beer open. "Every year for the past 4 years on this day she acts like this. No one knows why? The first time she didn't go to school, we couldn't find her anywhere. When we got home she was sitting by the balcony crying with a bottle of whiskey. No one knows why but something bad happened on this day" Riccardo says I feel my heart breaking for Anna.

She wouldn't tell me not after everything I did to her. For her not to tell Giovanni or Federico is something different. It has to be something extremely traumatizing. "It never made sense though why today? What's so bad about today? I asked Marcello and he said he has no idea. He said Anna won't even answer her phone" We hear footsteps coming downstairs and our head snaps in Anna's direction.

Her face is red and puffy, her hair is a mess as if she's been tugging at it. Her face pale like life has been sucked out of it. She doesn't look like herself. She emerges back from the alcohol celler holding a crate full of whiskey bottles. "Anna you've had enough" Gio says trying to take it from her. "Leave me alone" She tells him but Rico tries to convince her now to let go of them.

"Fuck can't you jsut leave me alone for once in your fucking life." Anna yells at them as they look at her with a shocked expression as she pushes past them slamming the door to her room. Lucky looks at Athena who looks lost not knowing what to do.

Everyone is lost. Anna, Rico, and Gio are as close as anyone can be. They never argue and if they do it's little petty things here and there. Anna just blew up on them that isn't like her. Something is really wrong and I hate that I can't help her.

I hate that I can't be the one to wipe her tears or hold her while she cries. I hate that I am no longer that person in her life. There is no one to blame but me.

Now no matter how much I want to be that person I can't because it can put her in danger.

---------------

Hey guys

Yes I am crying to

No I am not giving any spoilers

Someone dies in Chapter 26

Q/A~ Are you ready?

904 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3