Chapter 23: I Love You Forever

A/N~ Chapters 20-26 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

Marcellos has been acting weird all day and I haven't been the only one to notice. "He said he has to talk to us" Alessio sits next to me texting on his phone. "What do you think it is?" I don't think it's anything bad.

Hopefully

Lately he's been weaker than normal. More out of energy. "I hope it's not. I really do but I don't know" he sighs. Marcello comes in looking defeated. He presses a kiss on my lips telling me he loves me.

Marcello sits in front of me and Alessio with his hands on his face. Tears brim in his eyes when he looks up at us. "I don't even know how to tell you guys. I've been holding it off for so long already but I can't anymore" I look at Alessio in confusion as he gives me the same look.

"Marcello you can tell us anything we'll help you no matter what" Alessio reassured Marcello let's tears fall down.

"When I was younger I was always in the hospital. I had cancer. It was hard. The doctors didn't think I was going to make it but I did. I went into remission and was cured. Then when I was 14 it came back but once again my body fought it off. A year ago I wasn't feeling good so I went to the doctor and they told me it came back but this time worse. That's the main reason we all moved back to Sicily. We wanted to spend the last moments here. The cancer came back and I won't make it this time" The tears streamed down my face. I feel the blood vanish from my body.

First Zeno now Marcello. No, he has to get better. He will get better, he can't die. "How long did they tell you?" Alessio chokes out, closing his eyes.

"Six months" the sobs escape from my lips and my heart stops beating. How am I supposed to live knowing Marcello has six months. Six fucking months. "Say something please" he pleads running his hands through his hair.

"Marcello, you just told us you're dying. How are we supposed to feel" Alessio angrily says, trying to wipe his face. "I wish I could stay but it's my time and I'm trying but I can't do it anymore. Don't hate me" We could never hate him, not him but cancer always.

"Marcello you're dying and we can't do anything to save you. I saw Zeno die and now I have to see you die." I stand up clenching my fist walking back and forth.

The sound of footsteps stops. I look to see dad, uncle Adriano and uncle leo. "You don't think I know that. It hurts me more that I'm leaving you both then dying. I'm not scared to die I never was I'm just hurt that you have to see me go" Marcello stands up wiping his face. "I'm sorry guys I really am" He leaves I hear his cry driving off and I feel the pain in my heart grow

Alessio snaps, breaking down tugging at his hair. He punches a wall breaking through the repeating process. Uncle Adri and Leo go over to him trying to stop him.

I stand in shock looking at the room. Mom runs in looking at him and her face drops. She gives over to Alessio as he cries in her arms.

"Anna" dad came over to me holding my shoulders. He looks at me worriedly as I stay frozen. The tears just fall. I start to hyperventilate trying to catch my breath. "Holy shit go get her water get something she's in shock" Uncle Enzo runs to me once he comes in.

He still has his scrubs telling me he came from work. The flashlight shines in my eyes sitting me on the floor. Dad hands him the cup bending down next to me. Uncle Enzo tries to hand me the cup but it falls out, shattering my hand.

Dad moves me out of the way making sure there's no glass on me. A piece of it is in my hand, the blood trickles down on the floor. "Fuck bring her to the kitchen" they walk me over but I still feel like I'm in the living room.

My body is moving but my soul isn't. The glass gets taken out and disinfectant gets put on it before getting wrapped. "Dad," I squeak out. He looks at me with a soft face hugging me tightly.

He catches me before I fall on the floor breaking down. All the emotions finally came out on the kitchen floor. My heart shatters more than the glass did.

Marcello is dying

Six months is what he's supposed to have.

My fiance has six months to live. I shouldn't be here crying. I should be with him. I need to be with him. I am not the only one hurting. "Anna, where are you going?" Dad asks when I stand up walking to the door.

"Home"

I get in the car speeding away, wasting no time getting home. I don't park the car properly nor do I care that I didn't. Rushing upstairs I go to our room seeing him sitting outside on the balcony drinking from a bottle of whiskey and smoking a blunt.

Changing my clothes I put on one of his shirts and a pair of shorts going out next to him. "When did you get here?" He asks, putting out the blunt holding me closer to him. "Like two minutes ago" I wrap my arms around him as we look at the stars in the sky.

"I'm sorry that I'm dying Anna"

"Marcello this is not your fault and it never will be"

"We can't get our happy ending because I'm dying"

"I don't care about that right now all I care about is spending every moment I can with you."

"You need to find someone better"

"No Marcello when you proposed to me that was it. You have my heart completely no matter what. When you put that ring on my finger it was always till death do us part even if we didn't have the wedding yet"

"I don't deserve you"

"You deserve everything good thing in this world."

"Come on princess, I don't want you to get sick." I follow him into the room lying in his arms. It's my favorite place to be. I feel safe in his arms. I feel safe with him. Since I was 14 I never felt anything but love for him. I never knew this love could be transmitted into a bigger feeling.

His lips press a kiss to my temples. "I love you forever Annabeth"

"I love you forever Marcello"

---------------

Hey guys

So.....

Q/A~ How are you feeling?

1129 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3