Chapter 33: 5 Years Ago

A/N~ Chapters 32-41 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

This chapter has a trigger warning if you are sensitive to death please read with caution. 

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

On this day 5 years ago it was probably one of the worst days of my life and another reason why I hate hospitals. So many bad things happen in a hospital. "Mom do you ever think about the miscarriage you had?" I ask her to look in the mirror. She gives me a weird look sitting next to me.

"I think about that baby all the time but I know they're not alone, they had millions of Angels with them. Why do you ask?" I rest my head on her shoulder biting my lip from my eyes watering.

"I don't know it was on my mind for a while. I think I'm going to see Zeno and Marcello today" Don't cry, just hold it in a little longer. "Just let me know when you leave" She walks out of my room, closing the door.

A tear finally slips out of my eyes, my heart feeling heavy. It's been 5 years since I thought the pain would go away but right now all I want to do is crawl in a hole. I put on some shoes and grabbed a sweater.

Brielle is gone. I'm glad I don't have to worry about her being around anymore. Sofia told me she hated when she had to talk to her. I sent mom a quick message that I left before getting my car keys.

"Woah you are not okay what's wrong?" Valentino comes into the garage holding arm hands. My heart breaks more knowing that he has no idea. "Valentino please just leave me alone, not today" I remove my hands from him but he pulls me into a hug.

"I won't bug you about it now, I'll be waiting for you when you get home no matter what time it is. I hate to see you cry bellissima" He kisses my forehead wiping my tears away.

Once he walks into the house I quickly drive off making my way to the cemetery. It's a sad place but brings a little joy knowing I can talk to Zeno and Marcello. I know they can't respond but part of me likes to think he's sitting with me.

I park outside walking into the big cemetery full of people who have passed. Sighing, I sit in front of Zenos which is next to a big oak tree. "Hey Zeno Hey Marcello I'm sorry I spent a while without coming. I hope you're having fun in heaven. It's been 5 years today since I gave you a friend up there. I hope my baby boys keep you company" The tears rolled down my face with a small smile.

"I wanted to see you today because it's hard. I haven't told anyone I know if you were able to speak to me you'd tell me it wasn't my fault but I feel like it is. I didn't know but it doesn't mean I couldn't have stopped it from happening. I hate that I feel like this and I hate that I haven't told Val because it was his child to" I cry out my heart snapping in two pieces .

Looking at the time I've already been here for 3 hours.

"I'll come see you again soon Zeno, Marcello keep watching over me" I stand up walking over to the car driving away. Putting down the windows the light breeze runs through my hair filling up the car.

I hope Valentino doesn't ask too many questions. Emotionally I'm not in the right place at all. Ezio sits with Vito on his lap sleeping away peacefully. "Anna are you alright?" Dad asked, making everyone look up at me with confusion.

I don't need any more attention on me right now. "Um yeah im fine just one of those days" I wipe any tears that may have fallen down again. Mom looks like she is piecing everything together.

"Oh my god" She looks at me with sad eyes. My body breaks down completely when she hugs me tightly. I never understood why bad things happen to good people. Was that my punishment because I left home for New York? Would I have stayed in New York if it didn't happen.