Chapter 61: Open Your Eyes

A/N~ Chapters 56-64 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

"Anna it's your time to go back now" Zeno puts his hand on my shoulder. Him and Marcello give me a sad look. Is that why Nonno and Nona gave me sad looks earlier?

"Can I just stay? Please, I don't want to go back." I pleaded with them but were back in the black room. The room with no freedom. "It's not your time my love. I promise when it is your time we will come get you. For right now you have 4 boys waiting for you to wake up" Marcello says brushing the hair out of my face.

They both hug me tightly telling me how much they love me. "We love you Anna" Is the last thing I hear them say before I feel a light straining my eyes. It hurts so much but I can hear Alessio's voice clearly. "Anna, I need you to open your eyes." It's almost as if on command they open but I squint when the small flashlight is directly on my eyes.

I let out deep breaths feeling my heart beating at a quick pace. "I saw them. They were just here. Where are they?" I look around the hospital room seeing Rory closing the curtain. "Who? No one is here but us" Alessio says I run my hands through my hair tugging at it.

They were just here.

"Marcello and Zeno" They all pause looking at me with weird faces. When realization hit's them they keep saying they'll explain when they finish running the test. They chest my oxygen level along with my blood pressure, my heart rate, my reflexes. Everything came back fine.

I hear the voices of Vittiorio and Vico complaining about being hungry. "Do you want to see them?" Uncle Enzo asks I nod he goes out the room to get them. "Come on boys, someone wants to see you" Alessio and Uncle Enzo come in with them I feel my body relax.

Vittiorio and Vico climb on the bed with the help of Alessio while Ares and Valerian get placed on by Uncle Enzo. "Mama," Ares says, hugging me tightly. I hug them all with all the strength I have in my body. I haven't seen them in god knows how long. "I missed you guys so much" I tell them feeling tears come to my eyes.

Valerian looks lost but he's not even a year old yet. He has no idea what's going on. He's ten months old. It's november 1st. "You've been out for 3 days. They got you and Val October 29th and you were taken a week before that. You said you say Marcello and Zeno. You could have had a near death experience. With all the damage done to your body it's likely. We had you and Val induced in a coma. You woke up today but he hasn't woken up yet. Your tests are fine and surprisingly everything is good. You should be able to go at the end of the week" Alessio says, writing things down.

Val didn't wake up. Where is he? I want to see him. I need to make sure he can still know I'm here for him. "Where is he?" They hesitate before pulling the curtain to the side. Valentino lays there machines hooked to his body with his eyes closed. His face is losing color and becoming paler. "If it helps you both coded we started your hearts again" Rory hit's Alessio shoulder he just groans.

Our hearts stopped but they brought us back. "Make sure they save you and not me" Valentino's words ring through my head. I want him to be with me. I want him to hold me.

I want him to be alive.

"I don't think you should be standing right now" Alessio says as I sit next to Val holding his hand feeling tears falling down my face. These tears aren't happy ones.

Just open your eyes Val. Please I don't know how to do this without you.

"Daddy" Vittiorio pokes at Val's face. He gets angry when Val doesn't respond and continues to poke his chest. "Orio my love daddys sleeping we have to let him sleep" He huffs laying next to him.

"We'll leave you guys alone" They all leave the room, closing the door behind them. Valerian is trying to keep his eyes open. I pick him up, rocking him in my arms. He falls asleep not too long after I move the boys to my bed so they won't accidentally pull anything when they're sleeping. Ares and Vittiorio pass out the moment they lay down.

I fix Valerian's position so he won't suffocate. "Vico baby, it's time to close your eyes and dream." He rubs his eyes, yawning. "Neverland?" I rub his back nodding.

"Yeah baby, when you sleep you'll go to Neverland with Peter pan. He's waiting for you don't worry he'll bring you back and you can tell me all about it when you wake up" He smiles at me

Vico places a kiss on my cheek before resting his head on my chest. I hold my boys watching them sleep praying that Val wakes up. How would I ever explain this to them? I feel like I failed as a mother.

Valentino can't die.

He promised me he wouldn't, he also made me promise to stay alive. How can I live in a world where everyone I love is taken from me? I need to sleep when I sleep, I see Val in my dreams, if that's the only place he can tell me he loves me then I'll sleep for an eternity.

---------------

Hey guys

I like to sleep too

Q/A~4 epilogues + an extended one are you ready?

943 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3