Chapter 28: Domenico Morelli

A/N~ Chapters 27-31 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

It's been 17 days since Marcello passed. It's been 4 years and 27 since Zeno died. Two of the most important people in my life are gone. I finally had the courage to read his will 3 days ago. Everything was left to me. He stated if I chose not to live in the house anymore to make sure it gets used for kids who want a loving home.

He wants me to use it as a home for recruits that have nowhere to go. I moved back in with Achilles about a week ago. It wasn't voluntary. I went home and my stuff was put back in this house. They said it wasn't healthy for me to lock myself in my room.

I went back and a bunch of his things. I want to keep him as close to me as possible. I still wear his chain around my neck now more than ever. I hold onto the ring when I cry. I put my engagement ring on it too, it matches the ace of spades almost as if he had planned it out years ago.

I wanted to follow Marcello's wishes so I moved a bunch of my recruits in yesterday. I have two of my best people in the house watching them. They have been married for 3 years and found out they couldn't have kids. When I asked if they wanted to take care of the recruits in the house they were more than happy too.

I want to make sure everything Marcello wanted to happen happens.

He also stated in his will to not name any of my kids after him. He was always stubborn about that just like Zeno. Gosh I miss them so much but I can't do anything. I have to try and move on like he said. There is only one wish that I don't know I can complete. That is getting back with Valentino.

He has Brielle and for more that she hurts him he stays with her. "Anna? How are you feeling?" Sofia kocks coming inside. "It still hurts but I'll be fine. He told me he didn't want me to be hung up on it too long"

"He really is Zeno's brother" I let out a small laugh, "How's the baby?" I ask rubbing her belly and she smiles saying how she's so excited for him to come. When Sofia found out it was a boy she cried. She's two weeks late and Achilles has been on edge hoping nothing is wrong with his son.

"Alessio hasn't let go of Ercole since they came back"

"Ercole might not be his biological son but Alessio raised him. If I was in his position I wouldn't let either of them go."

"I feel you. Oh my god Anna you have to try these cookies Violet made" She grabs my hand dragging me down. We go into the kitchen and she hands me one but then her eyes widen. "Um Anna I think my water just broke" I let out a string of curses helping her walk to the tunnels.

I sit her on the small cart telling the guard to go as fast as he can. I called Achilles who says he's in a meeting but once I said water broke I heard him running. "Alright Sofia, we're going to bring you into the room and see how far you are dilated," Aunt Bianca says, putting her on the wheelchair.

We go into the room. I sit on the chair waiting for Achilles to come. "Sofia you are 6 centimeters dilated. How long have you been having contractions?" Sofia thinks to herself and Rory comes into the room. "Maybe 6 hours"

"No wonder you're related to Rory" Rory rolls her eyes checking Sofia's vitality. Achilles rushes inside immediately going to his wife's side. "You need to be 10 centimeters to push but since you've been in active labor for six hours it shouldn't take that long for you to reach ten. It can take a while though." Sofia groans, letting out a deep breath.

After two hours I leave the room sitting outside in the empty chair next to Val. I feel so tired maybe because I don't sleep a lot at night. I haven't had a good sleep in 17 days. "Do you want tea?" Val asks I shake my head no laying my head on the uncomfortable arm rest.

This will have to do.

Valentino's pov

Anna's been sleeping for a few hours a few minutes into her sleeping. She kept stirring it was second hand nature for me to move her onto my side. I didn't even realize it until she wrapped one of her arms around my stomach.

She looks so relaxed I don't want to move. She hasn't slept properly in a while so if this would give her the best sleep then so be it. I haven't texted Brielle. She is blowing up my phone. I'm not worried about her coming to the hospital. She isn't allowed inside unless she is hurt.

Before Marcello died he talked to me and made me promise I would take care of Anna. He asked me to not hurt her and to love her again. I told him I never stopped loving her. I promised him I would and he thanked me. I wouldn't tell her though because she'd just be upset.

"She looks comfortable," Giovanni says as I look at her with a smile. "Yeah she probably needed to sleep." Anna moves a little. I use my arm to block the light from her eyes running my hand through her hair.

"Val, you know that no one likes Brielle. If by any chance you get back with Anna please don't hurt her. She's been through enough"

"If Anna ever gave me another chance I wouldn't fuck up this time. I'd make sure I'd give her the world."

"That's all i'm asking of you"

Bianca comes out saying that the baby is finally here after 18 hours. It's already close to midnight. I rub her back hating that I have to wake her up. She deserves to sleep more. "Blessimia it's time to wake up" She groans, shifting her position.

Annabeth's pov

"He's been here for maybe an hour. They're asking for you guys to come inside" Aunt Bianca says I rub my eyes, waking myself up. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to sleep all on top of you" I tell Val who brushes me off.

"It's nothing you were tired" I give him a small smile as we all go inside the room. Achilles holds the baby while Sofia sits up looking at them. "Achilles is officially a dad eww were old" Alessio says looking at his new nephew with love.

I sit in one of the chairs next to Val. "Do you want to hold him?" He asks me I nod, getting the baby placed in my arms. "He's adorable. He looks just like you Sofia"

"I look just like Domenico. That's who he gets his name from" She smiles I look at her with confusion then look back at the baby gasping. "It was all my idea, thank you very much," Achilles says, taking his son from me. His face lights up, holding him on his chest.

Nicola is lost and keeps asking what's going on.

"Meet Domenico Morelli"

---------------

Hey guys

Sofia had the baby!!

so much happy things are coming

Q/A~ Val and Anna comeback?

next update October 19th

1236 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3