Chapter 52: Remission

A/N~ Chapters 47-52 and a bonus were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

The twins and Ares are with mom and dad. They should be here any minute now. Val spent the whole day at the warehouse while I stood dealing with my own paperwork here.

I tried to get him to stay but he was insistent on going. He looked super pale and tired; he didn't look like himself. I check the Mail seeing piles and piles of letters coming in.

One from the hospital addressed to Val?

Weird

I finish the rest of dinner by turning the fire low to make sure it doesn't burn. I actually got a lot of work done today from my own work to cleaning the house. I can say I had a productive day. "We're here" mom yells while walking inside with my babies.

"There's sleeping I'll put them down" Dad takes them from mom walking them to their room. I sit with her in the living room handing her a cup of tea. "Valentino didn't look good in the warehouse. I stopped by to give Gino something. We had to sit him down and pour water on him. He kept pushing it off but something wasn't right" Mom says worriedly, making me more nervous.

I look at the letter on the table bouncing my leg up and down. It's addressed to him. I can't open it without asking him. "If you're so nervous about him I made Alessio and Achilles stay with him their driving home right" She pulls me into a hug, noticing my sadness.

I've never seen him so out of life before. "I just hope nothings wrong, it's eating me up on the inside seeing him like that" Dad Sits opposite of the couch with a soft expression on his face.

"Don't think the worst, maybe he's just been pushing himself too much." He tries to make me calm. Valentino walks in with Alessio, Achilles, Gino and Nicola behind him.

He sees the letter pushing it to the side. "Hey babe" he places a small kiss on my lips sitting next to me. I lay on his side trying to push the negative thoughts out of my head.

Soon enough everyone plies at the dinner table enjoying the meal cooked. I quickly check on the twins there still sound asleep wrapped tightly.

Mom helps me clean the Kitchen as Val leans on the island talking with Gabriele. I get a glass of wine when my phone rings.

It's the hospital. My heart quickens as I answer "hello may I speak with Annabeth Marino?" The lady says as I stay frozen in place.

Val pays no mind continuing his conversation. "Speaking" please don't let it be anything bad. Nothing good happens with these calls. "We just wanted to confirm that your husband Valentino Marino has been receiving the letters we sent him and that his appointment tomorrow is for 12pm" she says with no emotion fucking nurses

"The letters yes but what appointment? The physical was already done" Please just say a regular check up please I beg more than anything.

"For his chemotherapy and then to go over analysis with the doctor" I feel my heart drop and the world freezes. The glass of water falls out of my hand while the nurse tries to see if I'm still there.

Valentino turns pale looking at me with widened eyes. "I'll make sure he goes tomorrow" the call ends mom trying to catch my attention.

I throw my phone at the wall shattering it feeling the tears come down my face. "How could you not fucking tell me" I run to him hitting his chest constantly as Val try's to grab my hands to stop me. "I was going to I didn't know how to baby I just never had the chance and not telling you was protecting you" he stutters everyone rushing into the kitchen to see what's wrong.