Chapter 25: My Will

A/N~ Chapters 20-26 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

I let out a deep breath turning off the stove. I go upstairs to the bathroom seeing the door open. Sitting next to Marcello rubbing his back. He continues to throw up, his face getting pale. "Babe you don't have to be here" He says wiping his face.

I help him stand up going to the sink so he can brush his teeth again. I clean the toilet again and wash my hands. "Princess i'm serious you don't have to be here every time I hurl my guts out" Marcello holds my waist pulling me closer to him. I rest my head on his shoulder, hugging him. "I know you keep telling me"

"You should be going from club to club not taking care of me"

"Marcello when I started dating you I promised to be there for you through everything. When you proposed to me I promised to be with you until the day one of us dies. I love you more than everything so unless you're going club to club with me then I won't go." He pressed a kiss to my forehead, hugging me tightly.

I feel comfort in his hold. I always have since the first time he hugged me. We've come a long way. Who would have thought we'd be in this position right now. "I can tell everyone just to go to Achilles house they don't have to come here if you're still not feeling well" He looks at me shaking his head.

"I feel fine, princess. They should be here in a few minutes anyways. Come on my love" He holds my hand bringing me downstairs. He gets a glass of bourbon and gets me some red wine. The front door opens and Vito runs through jumping on Marcello. "Uncle Marc do you know I actually have to go to school next year" Marcello laughs at him nodding his head yes.

Vito's about to be 4 next year he'll start kindergarten. Ercole then is already five. He's already in school well most likely homeschooling from how Rosa is. No one can find her. Alessio gave up after coming back to Sicily. He misses them more than anything. They became his family, he became a father figure to Ercole. He was so happy then she left she said it was for safety but didn't say anything else.

"Vito yeah what did you think we did in new york?"

"You went to school? I thought mommy was just singing to sing."

"You sing?" Ezio looks at Adeli who nods. He looks at her with disbelief Vito groans thinking about school. "She didn't even have to apply to Juilliard; she got immediate acceptance" Ezio sits back with a smile on his face, holding Adeli's hand.

Andrea stays at Gino's side. They told everyone they started dating about 2 weeks ago. To be honest it seems like everyone just likes to date my friends. Riccardo is studying for the bar exam he went MIA but it's good for him.

We keep talking for hours. It's already midnight. Vito passed out on Ezio who held him on his chest. I see Marcello's face starting to get pale. He drinks water instead of his liquor. "You okay?" I nod him, he gives me a small nod letting out a shaky breath.

He rushes upstairs. I hear our bedroom door open. I already know he's throwing up once again. Everyone gives me a look of pity. "It's getting late, we'll let you guys rest," Mom says, hugging me tightly. I hug her back letting out a deep breath. "Go make sure he's alright, call me if anything" I nod, hearing the door close.

I go upstairs seeing Marcello with his head in the toilet again. "Anna i'm fine" He tries to hold it back I just sit next to him rubbing back. "Marcello it's okay i'm not mad at you" He continues to throw everything up. I can see how much the chemo is affecting his body. Each appointment we go to the doctors say it's a process. It's just their way of saying his time is coming soon.

It's killing me knowing my Fíance won't be here with me on this fucked up planet. We were supposed to have our happy ever after. "Princess, can you get me anything with electrolytes right now?" I nod rushing downstairs looking in the fridge. I grab two big bottles of gatorade bringing them upstairs for him. Marcello shuts off the water wiping his mouth of any toothpaste.

His face reagins color when he drinks half of the first bottle. "Thank you princess" He places a kiss on my cheek, going on our bed he sits up taking off his shirt throwing it in the hamper. "Babe we need to talk" I already know what he's going to say. I don't want to think about it.

"Anna, I'm getting weaker and weaker by the day. We need to talk about it" I look at him shaking my head no. I let my hair down and put on one of his shirts. "I don't want to talk about it. You are not going to die Marcello." He sighs sitting me in front of him holding my hands.

He presses a kiss on my knuckles looking at me. He takes out a file and puts it on the bed. I look at it seeing it's his Will. "Everything I own is yours. It's all in these documents anything I am supposed to inherit, all of my money, my property it's yours Anna" I feel tears coming to my eyes. "Marc you aren't going to die" He places his hand on my face, his thumb rubbing my cheek.

"Yes I am Anna. It's okay. I knew it was going to happen one day. I didn't want it to be so soon but here we are."

"Marcello were supposed to get married"

"I know my love I'm sorry"

"Thank you Anna"

"For what?"

"Thank you for not leaving me at my lowest. Thank you for being there at my highest and thank you for being here at my ending."

I let all the tears I've been holding back out. He takes me into his arms letting me sob into his chest. I don't want him to die. How can I live knowing he is dead? There will be no life in me. I always said I wanted to die before my husband but now his time has come.

"I'm so sorry Anna. I wish I wasn't dying. I wish we could have been married. It breaks my heart seeing you cry"

"Marcello, I don't want you to die. You are the only person who's been through everything with me. You never gave up on me in rehab, when I visited you, when you visited me, when I got raped, when I moved to New York. No matter what you were there. I can't live without"

"Annabeth, you are one of the strongest persons I've ever met. You can move on from me. I will always be with you just this time you won't be able to see me. I am happy I'm spending my last days here with you. I wouldn't want it to be with anyone else. You are the reason why I am still alive without you. I would have died when they first told me. I fought so hard just for you Anna. You are the only person on this fucked up earth that cares about me enough to be here right now. Annabeth I love so much and I am so sorry that I can't give you forever and always"

"I love you so much more Marcello. You gave me more than just forever and always." He holds me close to him, pressing kisses on my forehead. I wrap my arms around him feeling my heart cracking.

I know this might be one of the last times Marcello holds me.

---------------

Hey guys

Yeah sorry guys

Q/A~ Are you ready for happy chapters?

1328 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

Until we meet again <3