Chapter 42: Why Are You Crying?

A/N~ Chapters 42-46 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Valentino's pov

The twins are nine months and Anna hates how big they are getting. Vittiorio took his first steps last week and she cried for an hour. Vico hasn't walked yet but he's pulling himself up on anything he can. I'm glad they are getting more mobile. Maybe after they can walk and talk then i'll be more upset as they are getting older.

"Valentino" Anna says coming into my office holding Vittiorio. He stretches his arms out trying to come my way crying. "Why are you drenched in water?" I ask taking the crying baby out of her hands. Why is he all sticky?

"He decided to take his sippy cup and spill all the juice out of it on himself and Vico. So I had two screaming babies. I try to take them a bath but he just starts splashing and throwing water at me so I wrap him in a towel bringing the floor chair to the bathroom. I sit him there calming Vico down while washing him. Vittorio is still screaming so I quickly change Vico and put him down for a nap. So I try to wash Vittiorio again. He just continued to throw water at me calling out for you. So he's all yours"

Anna stops out of the room angrily going to our room. "Come on, you need a bath and a nap" I take him into his room seeing Vico sound asleep. I turn the water on making sure it's warm before sitting him in. He still cries while I wash all the juice from his body. I run the water on his head and he cries even louder.

Changing him he's still crying, warming up a bottle for him he's still crying. I shake the bottle and mix the formula. "It's alright Orio, you're alright" I feed him the bottle seeing the tears running down his face. "I got you" He finally started to calm down while drinking his milk.

I rock him lightly and he starts to fall asleep, his breath calming down. I bring him upstairs, laying him down in his crib. That only took an hour. I've barely been home for two full hours but it's the life I picked. Anna came home early from the warehouse. All her recruits came back from a successful mission yesterday so all they had was a meeting and a shortened training session.

The boys were with Sofia. She brought Domenico over and they just played together. She runs her shipments all online so it's easier for her. I go into the room seeing Anna sleeping sprawled across the bed. I sit on the edge rubbing her back and she shoots awake. "Fuck I didn't mean to sleep. Oh my god the boys" She says in panic but I just hold her hands.

"There fine I finally got Vittiorio to take a nap and Vico is still sleeping. You can sleep my love" I rub her back and she moves into my arms. "I feel like shit" She sniffles back tears looking at me.

"I couldn't even get my son to stop crying. I'm such a shit mother, I'm not cut out for this" I wipe her face shaking my head no. "You are the best mother there is, not all days are going to be the best but that doesn't ever mean that you are shit."

"Val I don't know what i'm doing that's so wrong"

"Nothing you are doing everything right"

"It doesn't feel like that"

"Tell me how to help you, anything you need you'll have it before you can blink"

"I just want to feel like i'm not a failure and I want to feel free"

"Baby you aren't a failure I promise. You are the best mother our boys could have. You are doing an amazing job. I hate that you feel that way but I promise you are doing an amazing job" I hold her close to me she rest her head on my chest hugging me tightly.

"I love you"

"I love you more, now sleep you are tired and i'm off of work for the rest of the week" I lay us down wrapping her in the comforter. She moves closer to me curling into a ball. Her breaths get more even and she looks more calm. I run my hands through her hair trying to have her as calm as possible.