Chapter 44: One Year

A/N~ Chapters 42-46 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Valentino's pov

Anna's still sleeping curled in a ball to my side. I brush her hair out of her face smiling. She looks so peaceful while she sleeps. The baby doesn't kick as much at night, it's as if when he sleeps she sleeps. Athena keeps saying that means he'll sleep through the night quicker.

I hope so. Of course I'm going to help Anna throughout the night. Usually the first three months are the hardest. I want to make sure it's as easy as it can be for her because she is already going through nine months of pregnancy plus having to push out a baby. She needs to heal too.

I look at the twins through the baby monitor seeing them awake and jumping in the crib. Carefully I move out of the bed trying not to wake Anna up. I make my way to their room and they get excited when they see me.

"Happy birthday boys. Your one today, you guys are getting so big" I bring them to the bathroom brushing the few teeth they have. I changed them into the outfit Rosa bought for them. "Let's go feed you"

Shit how time has passed. July 19th only one year ago they were born. Time went slow and fast. "Daddy" Orio says, holding onto me tighter. "Yes Orio, I'm going to get you food right now. Do you want your bottles?" They both get happy when I put them in the high chair.

I get out there baby food with a small spoon. I do one at a time while they try to swallow the spoon. "Where's Anna?" Sofia ask coming inside with Domenico and Achilles. "She's still sleeping" I throw away the glass container.

"Happy birthday my loves. You guys are big boys now" Sofia takes the boys out of their high chairs hugging them. "Mommy I thought I was your love" Nico says huffing.

"Come on Nico let's go wake up your Aunt" He quickly runs taking my hand Achilles shakes his head going back to his phone. He's probably trying to crunch numbers in they were due yesterday but he got his time extended. "Do you think she's already awake?" Nico asks I shrug and open the door.

Just like he predicted she's not even in bed.

"Aunt anna?" Nico calls out and she appears from the closet wearing a lavender sundress. "Good morning Nico" He smiles going her way. "Hi Aunt Anna, you look pretty" She smiles, thanking him.

I need to start locking the door. My house is always full of people. "Look our favorite couple has come from hiding" Federico says I flip him off sitting on the barstool. Vittiorio starts to poke my leg. I picked him up and placed him on my lap. He starts to play with my hands.

The littlest thing can entertain this kid.

I don't know when but we migrated outside. "Olympus you're going to fall if you keep running without looking" Luciano tells his six year old who just laughs. "Dad you probably did a lot of dumb things" Icarus says Luciano groans.

"I didn't do dumb things" Luciano tries to defend himself. "Luciano, you put yourself in a plastic bin and threw yourself down a flight of stairs because you thought it was fun." Lucky says

"Babe don't even argue with him you know he's right. You do dumb shit all the time" His wife Olympia says he huffs rolling his eyes. His youngest comes up to him and he gracefully picks him up.

Luciano and Olympia have five kids. Icarus is his oldest, he's nine then they had Lucio who is seven, Olympus who is six, Leander who's five and the youngest Santino who's 4.

"Vico yes I'm right here" Athena picks up her grandson who smiles at her. "Nonna" He places a kiss on her cheek and her smile grows. Vittiorio could care less right now all he's doing is sleeping. That I can say he got from Anna eh and Athena they sleep any chance they get.

"Ok ok ok Vico we'll give you cake. Alright hold them and stand behind it" Athena orders everyone to do different things. I take Vittiorio while Anna takes Vico.

"Come on Val smile" Anna says, fixing Vico on her hip. I hold her closer to me with a smile on both of our faces. The twins shriek with happiness when they see the candle on the cake light up. Different cameras go off as we smile for the memories being captured. Everyone starts singing happy birthday to the twins. They don't seem to care, they just want cake.

Anna and I help them blow out the candles. They do their weird clap trying to put their hands on the cake. Val cuts them a piece. I put them in their high chairs and set the cake in front of them. Vico takes it, putting it on his face while Vittiorio tries to eat it.

Anna laughs looking at them with a smile. "You're supposed to eat the cake my loves" She gets a fork helping them eat it. They still have a blast playing with the cake in their hands. "Mama" Vico tries to put cake on Anna's face and she grabs a bunch of wipes trying to clean their hands.

"Yeah you both need a bath" She takes them out of the high chair going upstairs. I start cleaning up the food they threw on the floor wiping down the tables. "Uncle Val" Vito says skipping to me.

"Yes Vito what can I help you with"

"Nothing I just missed you"

"Vito you saw me two days ago"

"Don't be a party pooper"

"You ready to go back to school"

"Ew I hate school"

"I didn't like school either but we have to go. You'll see your friends"

"Why have friends when I have Ercole"

"You guys are attached at the hip. You want to help me put away the cake" He nods, jumping down from the couch running into the kitchen. I take the cake, putting it on the island telling Ercole to get me the containers. I put the cake inside of it. Honey and Silver run around Vito; he follows them outside going to play with Ercole.

I go upstairs to check on Anna and the boys. She poured water on their heads and they tried to lick it splashing the water. I lean on the door frame watching them with a full heart. "Daddy" Vittiorio says Anna turns looking at me. "I'm almost done with them, can you get me their clothes please" I go into the drawer getting them some shorts and a tank top. It's hot outside. I don't want them to overheat.

I get their towel taking them out of the tub. Anna gets them dressed while I dry the floor. They alway make a mess while they take a bath so the floor is alway wet. They have gotten better though with the splashing. "All done boys" Anna places a kiss on their cheek. They smile laughing at her.

"You ready to start from square one again?" She asks lifting up Vico. I take Vittiorio nodding, placing a kiss on her lips.

"As long as I have you we can do anything"

---------------

Hey guys

In the epilogue the twins are 20.........

Q/A~ Are you ready for the end?

1218 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3