Chapter 50: A Quarter and One Penny

A/N~ Chapters 47-52 and a bonus were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Valentino's pov

If I had a coin for how long I have been alive I'd have a quarter and one penny. Turning 26 and going through half of the things Anna and I have gone through is hectic. I can't complain though I have my amazing wife by my side and my children.

At least the ones that are alive.

Anna had her first misscarage at 18. He was 4 months when he passed. Recently in January we found out she was 3 months pregnant. When she hit 5 months in march we found out it was another boy. We didn't mean to get pregnant again. Apparently the time she got pregnant was when she was finally cleared to have sex again. Which was our honeymoon. A week after the gender reveal we were setting up his room when Anna said her stomach was hurting her.

Athena and Lucky took the boys while I took Anna to the doctors. When we got there it was too late. He had passed away. They had given us the option of inducing the labor so she could push him out or to do a c-section. Anna picked the c-section. I supported her in anything she would have chosen.

That was properly one of the worst days of our marriage. Not because we were mad at each other but neither of us know how to handle the loss of someone let alone our child. We dealt with it in a different way. After a few days we had his funeral. Seeing a casket with someone you love is the worst thing ever. What jabed a knife through my heart was seeing how small it was.

We buried him next to mom. He's also next to his other unborn brother. We got the headstone made to say Baby Mariano, the engravings are what gets me everytime.

Your wings were ready for you, but not our hearts.

After the funeral we took the boys and went away for a week to mom's escape. It was the disconnect from the world that we needed.

The first two days we spent a lot of it crying not that the boys noticed. They are still small. The rest of the time we felt a lot more calm. We cried a lot but we did it together and helped each other heal from it. We are still in the healing process but it's becoming a little easier each day that passes.

"Daddy" Vittiorio says when I go into the living room. He attaches himself to my leg. I pick him up and he laughs hugging me tightly. "Where's mommy?" He points to the dining room and I pick up Vico taking them with me.

I see Anna finishing setting up the table holding a sleeping Ares. "You are supposed to be sleeping still," Anna says, fixing Ares' position. "I've been up since you left the bed this morning. I just came down now because I know you would have told me to go back to sleep." I smile at her and she shakes her head.

"Happy birthday Valentino"

"Thank you Bellisima" I pressed a kiss to her lips. The boys say again so I do and she laughs. "Your dad should be here soon. Everyone else is on their way" I put the boys in their chairs before taking Ares from Anna. He starts to cry looking around the room for Anna.

The biggest mama's boy

Anna perapres his bottle while I rock him lightly. The door slams open and I know Alessio and Rosa are here. Ercole skips inside and Anna takes the baby. "Happy birthday uncle val" He smiles at me, handing me a picture. I smile thanking him and he hugs me.

Soon after everyone piles inside the house slowly. Anna sit's next to me with Ares who is awake but holding onto her for dear life. I can't complain. I love my kids and I love that they love their mother. Vittiorio without a doubt is a daddy's boy. Vico is split and Ares is mom's twin.