Chapter 17: Physically and Mentally

A/N- Chapters 16-19 were released at the same time. Make sure you didn't skip one <3

-----------------------

Valentino's pov

I told Brielle not to come with me today. I couldn't deal with everything she was asking me for. I transferred ten thousand dollars to her account, hopefully it's enough to keep her away for the day. I doubt it but I just need this time for me to not be on people's shit list.

Since I started dating her no one liked her. Dad even asked if I needed to see a therapist. She just reminded me of Anna so much. She doesn't have a beautiful soul like her though. No one will ever have as good of a soul as she does.

"I'm surprised your little dog isn't with you" Sofia says when I go into the kitchen. "You said it was important and I know you don't like her. I couldn't do that to you" She takes a deep breath sitting on one of the stools.

"Val, why are you with her? Everyone sees that you're drained. She took the life out of you. Why are you putting yourself through pain?"

"Sofia I can't hurt anyone else. If that means I have to suck it up for the rest of my life and deal with her I will."

"The only person you are hurting is yourself. She just needs someone to give her money. Fuck Val i'll give it to her myself."

"It's not that simple Sofia I wish it was but it isn't"

"Is she hurting you?"

"No" Yes physically and mentally

Sofia just gets up and hugs me tightly. I'm trying to hold it in but I needed this hug. The hug of reassurance. "If you need me too, I'll kill her. I have no problem" I laugh, shaking my head no. We go into the backyard Nicola hands me a beer. I sat next to him hearing everyone laughing.

Anna comes outside with Marcello joining in the conversation. The air doesn't feel tense, it's relaxed. There's a difference between when Brielle is here and when she is not here.

Annabeth's pov

Valentino did not bring Brielle. I couldn't feel better about it. I did not feel like arguing with anyone tonight. "Achilles do you remember when you said you were going to get me ice cream and never did?" Sofia looks at her husband with her arms crossed. "No I don't. When was this?" She looks at him huffing.

"It was senior year like march. Fuck Achilles I really wanted that ice cream" She starts crying he just looks at her taking a deep breath mumbling something under his breath. "Do you want ice cream now?" She nods and grabs his car keys saying he'll be back.

She wipes her face, a smile coming to it. I look at her weirdly. "Did you just cry for him to go get you ice cream?" She happily nods, putting her feet up. Marcello rest his hand on my hip, his chain still sitting around my neck.

I asked him if he wanted it back he said no that it was mine and he wanted me to have it forever. "Do you want me to get you another glass of wine?" Marcello asks I nod he stands up pouring himself another glass of bourbon. "Thank you my love" I smile as he nods.

Achilles comes back in with Vito who's happily eating ice cream. "Thank you Achilles" She smiled while taking it from him while eating it. He just looks at her sighing and mumbling under his breath. She just curls up on his side and he holds her playing with the ends of her hair.

"Aunt Anna, do you want to have a baby?" Vito says Marcello chokes on his wine coughing loudly. "Vito I am not ready for a baby"

"Why not? I need more people to play with. Ercole isn't here anymore so I need more people to play with" I see Alessio's face get hurt with the mention of Ercole. He was like Alessio's son when Rosa left Alessio's world came crashing down. We have been trying to track her down but we can't find them. For some reason I have this bad feeling it has to do with her ex boyfriend.