Chapter 55: Valerian

A/N~ Chapters 53-55 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

Val has yet another treatment today. He refuses to ever be on time for them no matter how early I get him up. I barely made it through the night. My stomach and back were hurting, it didn't help that the twins wanted to get up early and make a mess.

"Anna you know I can go by myself right?" Val says coming downstairs. "Shut up and hurry up we're already late" Sofia took the boys an hour ago so I could take Val. I let Val drive. I'm not in the mood to argue with him right now.

The ride to the hospital is quiet and quick. He checks in at the front and brings us to the treatment room. "Same thing as last time. You should be done in about 2 hours. I'll come and take the needle out and clear you to go home" Uncle Enzo says Val nods, putting his arm out getting the needle placed.

Uncle Enzo leaves the room, Val opens his arms and I move into them resting my head on his side. It's always the same thing with every treatment. If he's not holding me I'm holding him. Time goes slow; it feels like we're in the place longer than we should be.

"Anna you don't look too good are you okay?" Alessio says coming inside the room. Another ache in my stomach hits but I nod my head telling him that I'm fine. "I'm going to get Aunt Bianca" I sit up letting out a deep breath.

"I told her but you know how stubborn she is" Alessio says talking to Aunt Bianca. "He's right, you don't look good. Does anything hurt?" My back for one is killing me. I barely slept through the night. I've been having braxton hicks left right and center.

Uncle Enzo comes in, taking the needle out of Val's arm cleaning the small hole. "You're all done, you on the other hand look like shit" I give him a fake smile but he just turns his head. "Alessio, go get me a wheelchair and make sure the private suite is cleaned" Alessio gives him a weird look but goes to do it anyway.

"How long have you been in pain?" He asks wetting a warm rag. "I'm not in pain" He rolls his eyes, giving me the rag. "Put this on your stomach" I leave it there for a few minutes and Alessio comes back in with the wheelchair.

"Stand up and walk to me" He backs up the second I stand up my water breaks.

"Contractions Anna you've been having contractions since last night. You do realize your nine months right?" Great so technically I've been in labor for 15 hours already. "Well at least the room is ready" Alessio says before his beeper goes off. My stomach hurts more than ever now.

They bring me into the birthing room helping me get on the bed. "Alright, I'm going to check how much you've dilated. Do you want and epidural?" I nod my back burning as if it was lit on fire and had alcohol thrown on it.

"Rory's getting the epidural right now, you are currently about six and a half centimeters dilated. I don't think you'll be waiting too long. I'll be in and out." Aunt Bianca says taking off her gloves

"Ew you're going to push out another baby" Alessio says I roll my eyes "Don't you have peoples head to scan" He flips me off turning his beeper back.

"Yes but I was taking 15 minutes to myself. Now if you'll excuse me they need me in the MRI." He walks out the room and I lay back down letting out a deep breath. Val holds my hand placing a kiss on the resting his head on the edge of the bed. "You're tired, go home I'll call you when he's here" He looks at me immediately, disagreeing.

"I am not missing the birth of my child"

"So then take a nap on the chair I'm not going anywhere" He gives me a lazy smile pulling the chair to lay as flat as it can. He turns to his side covering his face with his hoodie almost instantly falling asleep. I run my hands through his hair. He looks so peaceful right now.