Epilogue 3

9 ½ years later

Annabeth's pov

I thought it'd be easier between Val and I but it isn't. It feels like he's a stranger when he's supposed to be my husband. After we had the twins we were good until after their first birthday. He started missing everything, staying out late, coming home drunk.

"Mommy is daddy going to come today?" Emi says I sigh "He's going to try emi"

"I think he will, he promised me he would" I just give her a small smile brushing her auburn hair back. She looks like a mini Arianna. I think that's why Dante feels so protective of her. At this point Dante's in her life more than Valentino is. "Alright my love you have everything in your bag, go tell Vittorio to start the car" She takes his bag running out of her room.

I sigh texting and calling Val again getting no answer from him. "Val please not again" I text him at what time it ends. "Ares come on" He gets up from the couch following me to the car. He sits next to Emi who has her headphones on.

Vittiorio sit's in the passenger's seat I thank him for turning on the car. "Can I drive home?" He asks I look at him laughing. "Maybe when you're 16" He groans running his hands through his hair.

"But mom"

"Technically you're not supposed to drive till you're 18, no one listens to it but i'll start showing you if it helps. You too Vico"

"No thanks mom, I'm good I like getting from point a to point be without focusing on the road" I laugh shaking my head. Her and Annastaisa have a show tonight and it's over an hour away. Val still hasn't responded to anyone's text. I just hope he shows up tonight.

When we get to the venue Emi goes to the back with Annastaisa and we all take our seats. One by one everyone starts to perform and Val still hasn't come. I go outside trying to call him and it just keeps rining.

"I swear I am going to fucking kill him" I say pacing back and forth. The show is about to end and he's still not there. "Mommy?" I hear Emi's voice and I turn around seeing her with tears threatening to come out. "What's wrong my love?" Her lip quivers and my heart breaks seeing her like that.

"They said that I have to perform now that I am the last one but daddy's not here. He promised me" I bend to her height, taking her hands. "I'm sorry Emi. I think he had to stay at work a little longer but I'm here and I am so happy to see you dance." She sniffles, her face turning red.

"But last week he went and saw Apollo when he played the piano. Why can't he do the same for me?"

"I'm sorry Emi"

"It's okay mommy i'm just happy you're always here" She hugs me tightly I hug her back putting a kiss on her cheek. "No more tears Emi you're about to go on stage and no one wants to see the star crying" She gives me a small smile.

"Thank you mommy" I kiss her cheek watching her run backstage. I go back into the auditorium sitting next to Ares who sighs. "He's a no show again isn't he?" I nod Vittiorio visibly gets annoyed mumbling under his breath. Emi comes out on stage going to the middle.

She smiles when she sees me but her eyes are still looking for Val. Her music starts and she starts to dance. "She reminds me of you dancing," Dad says, looking at her with a smile. Annastaisa comes from backstage and Domenico takes her dance bag.

He's so big now and he's only 14 ½. Achilles sits her on his lap and she smiles seeing Emi dance. The two of them are extremely close. Asteria and Anetha are also extremely close just like Apollo and Arcangelo. Emi's dance ends and everyone claps for her. "Good job Emi" Stasia yells trying to stand on the chair.