Chapter 62: Anything New?

A/N~ Chapters 56-64 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Annabeth's pov

I hold Val's hand wishing he would open his eyes. I've gotten better over the last two weeks. I've been walking alone now, carrying the kids and slowly going back to my old self.

"I miss you Valentino please come back to me" He stays still, the only sound is the heart monitor and breathing tube. He's been in a coma for three weeks, Uncle Enzo says that his scans show the same thing. Alessio did neurological ones just to check. He assured me he wasn't brain dead.

"Mama" Ares says Sofia comes in holding the boys. I take Ares sitting him on my lap. I put the boys on the bed. Valerian is sleeping. "Anything new?" I shake my head no she sighs sitting next to me. She holds Valerian while he sleeps looking at Val.

"He'll wake up Anna" She gives me her best smile, putting Valerian on the empty bed that was added to the room. "He won't leave you like this, not after everything it took to get you guys together" I feel my eyes starting to water.

"Sofia I think I have to say goodbye" I wipe the tears that fell from my eyes. She just hugs me tightly holding back her own tears. "It's not goodbye until that machine flatlines, he still has a chance Anna don't give up on him" I'm trying not to but it's hard. Everyday seeing him hooked to machines while I get to roam around free.

I just want him back, I want my Valentino back.

Alessio comes in the room and Sofia steps out, he sits next to me giving me a small smile. "Anna the hospital has officially discharged you today. I need you to go home. It's not healthy for you or the kids to be here 24/7. I promise you that he is in safe hands and nothing will happen to him." I can't go home without him. How can I just leave him here?

No, I promised him I'd stay by his side. I won't leave him. I can't what if i'm not here when he wakes up. He'll be so mad at me if I'm not here. No no no I won't go home. "I know you wont listen to me but maybe Rico you will" Rico comes in the room and Alessio leaves.

He doesn't say anything but I know he wants to. "Rico I don't want to go home, I don't know how to do anything without him" Rico sighs as I rest my head on his shoulder. "You are strong Anna, i'm always here to help you" How can I be strong if I couldn't even save my husband.

"I'm so tired of everyone saying that"

"It's the truth Anna not many people can live life with all the struggles you went through. You did and you're still here. You can do it I know you can, it is going to be hard but he will wake up and when he does you know he'll be right at your side helping you"

"I miss him Rico"

"I know Anna i'm sorry" Rico hugs me tightly I hug him back letting out a sigh. I have to leave without Val. The kids deserve to be at home with at least one parent. They shouldn't have to be in and out of a hospital daily. "Can you drive me?" He nods, getting up taking out his keys.

"Come on boys it's time to go" I pick up Valerian putting a kiss on Val's cheek "I love you more than ink on dead trees" Ares motions for me to pick him up so I manage somehow the twins holding Ricos hand. He helps me put them in the car before the hospital goes farther away.

I feel like this is all my fault. Val isn't coming home because of me. There are so many different things that could have happened but the worst one came true. It should be me trying to stay alive, not Val. He doesn't deserve this. "Do you need me to help you bring them upstairs?" Rico ask pulling into my driveway. "No it's okay I got it, thank you"

"Anytime Anna" I get out of the car getting the boys holding Valerian.

I go through the door with a weird feeling in me. How can I be here knowing Val is in the hospital? I don't know how to sleep in a bed where he's not there. I don't know how to live knowing he could die at any second. This is worse than when he had cancer. At least then he would still come home.

"Mama sleep with you" Ares says I give him a small smile bringing them upstairs. I change them into their pajamas and the twins take over Val's side. Valerian is too big for the bassinet but I don't want to risk the boys rolling over him.

I expand it as much as I can. It gives him some room to move around it. "I Love you mama" Ares places a kiss on my cheek resting his head on my chest. "I love you more Ares" He smiles, closing his eyes. The twins are already snoring. Valerians has been sleeping since we got in the car. I hate how I feel like this might be my reality soon.

Goodbyes are usually temporary but this one, this one would be forever.

---------------

Hey guys

I'm getting sad now

Q/A~ we have less then 10 chapters then we say goodbye. are you going to miss this book?

934 words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Annabethmorelli

Valentinoxmarino

authoryaniris

Until we meet again <3