Extended Epilogue

Annabeth's pov

We all sat around the table eating brunch, we all slept till about 12 so Val and I made a simple brunch. Nothing too big, "When are you leaving?" Emi asks Ares, she takes her hair tie from the table putting her Auburn hair in a bun. "Tonight" her face falls, she just nods, putting her head down.

"I need to take my laptop off the charger" she mumbles quickly getting up from the table walking to her room. Ares puts his phone down letting out a deep breath. "I'll talk to her" He goes to her room.

Val squeezes my hand pressing a kiss to it. Ares has been in Juilliard for a year now. Thankfully he only has classes Tuesday to Friday morning. He got here with Octavia Friday night.

Of course Emi was happy she got to see her brother. Ezra got to his sister. "She's probably crying," Valerian says. I know she is, she does every time he leaves.

They are extremely close and I know it affects her every time. I see a lot of similarities with her and Ares, just like Gio and me or Mom and Uncle Adriano. "Should we talk to them?" I ask Val he shakes his head no.

"He's probably talking to her, you know how they are. He always manages to get her to calm down" I rest my head on his shoulder and he presses a kiss to my temples. When everyone finished breakfast Val helped me bring the dishes to the sink, washing them. I sit on the counter drying the plates putting them on the rack.

Val throws water at me. I hit him with the rag. "Babe stop" He gives me a childish grin finishing the last plate I dry it jumping off the counter putting them in the cupboard. I feel water go down my back. I hit Val's arm looking at the wet floor.

"VALENTINO" I yell he tries to run but the slippery floor makes him fall to his butt. I laugh loudly and he rolls his eyes grabbing my arm to help him up. I end up falling too. We both burst out in laughter again. "I'll dry the floor" He offers I go upstairs changing my shirt and putting the wet one in the bin. Val comes up shortly doing the same. I'm in the mood for juice.

I go to the kitchen and Emi looks pale. "Emi what are you looking for?" I ask seeing her raid the fridge. She grabs a small juice quickly, drinking it letting out a deep breath. "My insulin is low and I felt light headed" She tries to lean on the island but almost falls over. I rushed to her side, helping her sit down. Val comes into the kitchen seeing her putting her head down.

I go upstairs getting her small bag and the pods to change. "Emi Emi I need you to sit up and finish drinking the soda" Val tries to hold her up but she groans. "I have her medication here. Take off her dexcom and omnipod." I tell him taking the needle and put it in the vial.

I make sure there's no bubbles and put it in the omnipod. Val throws away the alcohol wipes he used to clean her arm. I put it on her arm pressing the sides making sure it's in place. I do the same with the dexcom on her leg seeing her face regain some color.

I check the app on my phone seeing her blood sugar going up. "Come on finish the soda and then you can sleep" I tell her she drinks the rest of it. "Can I sleep now?"

"Give it a few minutes just to make sure everything is alright" Val tells her, helping her go over to the couch. She lays trying to keep her eyes open watching tv. Ares comes downstairs with Ezra, Octavia and Liam. They see Emi trying to keep her eyes open.

"I'll stay with her" Ares says Val nods seeing Ares sitting next to his sister. Liam takes Emi's feet, putting them on his lap rubbing her thigh. She moves closer to him resting her head on his side. I turn Val the other way, a small smile on my face.

Something's going between them. I know it but I'll wait for her to tell me something.

"Val" my eyes go wide he picks me up throwing me over his shoulder. "Shh babe you're going to wake Emi up" He goes through the back stairs cause practically running to our room.