1. Finding Out

Jesus, Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood

My hands started to shake as I sat on the edge of the bathtub, staring at the four pregnancy tests I had taken, all of them saying that I was pregnant

My hands started to shake as I sat on the edge of the bathtub, staring at the four pregnancy tests I had taken, all of them saying that I was pregnant. Me, Evelyn Lynch, was pregnant.

It wasn't until Sophia came rushing into the bathroom to grab something that I broke down sobbing.

"Babes, what's wro-" she immediately stopped when she saw the tests, her eyes widening as I slid onto the floor. "How? Who? When?" she asked as she got on her knees in front of me, but all I could do was sob more.

I knew exactly who and when, I'm not sure how though.

"Come here." she said as she wrapped her arms around me, letting me cry until I didn't have many tears left. Once I finally pulled myself together enough to talk I answered her questions.

"Remember a couple months ago, when we went to the bar to meet my brother and his teammates?"

"Ev, you didn't...." she said, sighing.

"I did... I had sex with Greyson Rhodes, and now I'm pregnant with his baby." I said starting to cry again.

Sophia pulled me into her arms again, soothingly rubbing my back until I pulled away. "My brother's gonna kill me." I said with wide eyes. Sophia's eyes met mine as she spoke up again, "No babe, he's gonna kill Greyson." I sat up straight realizing she was right.

"My baby isn't gonna have a father," I sobbed out, sliding all the way onto the floor, coming to the realization I was having a breakdown and there was no stopping it. "I mean, is he even gonna want to be involved? Oh my god, how am I even going to tell him?" I start rambling on, freaking out even more.

"Hey, hey." Sophia pulls me up and grabs my face with both of her hands so I'm looking at her. "It's gonna be fine, we're going to figure this out, if he doesn't want to be involved then that's on him, and just remember you have Katherine and I, and an amazing supportive family that will be there for you." she reassured me as she wrapped her arms around me once again, just letting me cry, because that's all I could seem to do right now.

I'm not ready to be a mom, I'm not married, hell I don't even have a boyfriend. I hadn't had sex in months before Greyson. He was the one guy I wasn't supposed to have sex with, and what did I do? I had sex with him anyways, and now I'm pregnant with his child. HIS FUCKING CHILD!!!

"On the bright side, that is going to be one beautiful kid." Sophia says, giving me a small smile as I lightly chuckle.

"Seriously how am I going to tell him though? I can't tell him at practice because my brother will be there, and I don't want to just show up at his house without telling him I'm coming, but I don't have his number, and what if he thinks I'm lying just to date him or something?"

She sat there thinking for a couple of minutes before speaking, "Well we both have to work here in a little bit, but what if we head to the arena after practice, they'll be done by then, and I can distract Chris while you talk to Greyson, and if he thinks that it's a lie then we'll just have to kidnap his 6 foot 2 ass and drag him to the doctors office ourselves to prove it." she says, chuckling lightly.

"Okay, I think I can do that, maybe not the kidnapping part considering he's bigger and stronger than us, but I get your point."

"Just try not to think too much about it and go to work, bake me some amazing cupcakes, maybe make some for Greyson before you turn his whole world upside down." she lightly chuckles, grabbing my arms and pulling me up off the ground.

I hopped in the shower, taking my time so I could calm down a bit before getting ready to go into the bakery.

~

I took a couple of deep breaths before finally heading down the hall where the locker room was, knowing that the guys would soon be headed in there.

"Relax babes, you can do this." Sophia says grabbing hand.

"Thanks again for coming Soph, it means the world to me." I say giving her a small smile.

"Anytime, hun" She says as the door to the rink swings open and a couple of guys from the team came walking through.

"Don't worry about your brother, I'll tell him you went to the bathroom and if he starts to get suspicious I'll handle it." she says reassuring me.

I nod, as the door opens again and I connect eyes with Chris and Jake. My breathing starts to pick up as Chris looks confused as to why I'm here. He tells Jake something before walking up to us. "What are you guys doing here?"

I try to calm my breathing as much as I can without him noticing I'm having a slight panic attack, as Sophia swoops in and saves my ass, "Figured we'd surprise you after practice and go get something to eat, if you want." He nods, "Sure, give me 15 minutes?"

We nod as he walks into the locker room.

Players keep coming in until I finally connect eyes with the one I've been dreading seeing all day. His brows slightly furrow when he realizes its me and him and Evan walk up to us.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" Evan asks a bit nervously, although Im not sure why he's nervous.

"To see Chris." I manage get out without stuttering, thankfully.

"Ah, well I'll maybe see you when I come back out, if not have a good night." Evan says before quickly going into the locker room, as we all try to figure out what's up with him.

Sophia clears her throat as she slightly backs away.

"Hey..." I say nervously as Greyson leans against the wall.

"Hey," he says.

"Um.. c-can we talk? Somewhere private?" I manage to stutter out as he shifts on his feet, giving me a look any girl would swoon over, including me, but now's not the time to be thinking about that.

"Yeah, follow me." He says as he starts to walk in front of me. He leads us down the hallway into a room with a massage table on it. The sign on the door reads, "Sports Therapy". Makes sense.

He closes the door before turning around to face me. "Look, that night was fun and all, but I don't think we should continue this, if your brother found out I'd be dead, and I don't do relationships and most girls either want my money or a relationship, or a relationship for my money, its a never ending cycle." He says as I stand there shocked.

"W-what?" I ask, confused by this.

"Don't get me wrong, your hot and all, but you seem like the kind if girl who does relationships so I'm gonna stop you right there before you get too attached."

Oh my god, this is the most arrogant man I have ever met.

"Oh an-"

"I'm pregnant."