5. Whining and Dining

Stuck With U - Ariana Grande (feat. Justin Bieber)

 Justin Bieber)

"Hey." Evelyn greeted me, as she stepped through my front door. She was wearing a baby blue dress that clung to her curves in all the right places, with a pair of white heels.

"Hi," I greeted back, giving her a small smile, "the kitchen is right through here." I said as I started walking through the entry way.

She looked around as I went back to the stove. "A man that can cook. That's rare for hockey players." I chuckle as she sits on one the stools by the island.

"My mom taught me when I was younger." I say as she rests her arms on the counter.

"So, are you and your mom close then?" She asks, looking at the pan with pasta sauce in it, before dipping her finger in it. Before I could slap her hand away she sucks the pasta sauce off of her finger without breaking eye contact. I suck in a breath, "Something wrong?" She asks like she didn't just do that.

"Yeah, my mom and I are close, and quit touching my food." I say as she goes to dip her finger in the sauce again, but this time I do slap her hand away.

"Ow, that wasn't very nice."

"You deserved it."

"Well it tasted good." She said with a cheeky smile

"Well, you can wait." I said, returning the cheeky grin as she pouted. "Is it almost done then?" She asks like a child asking if we're there yet.

"The sooner you quit whining, the sooner it will be done." I say as she sighs, "Fine." She says flatly as I just smile at her.

"So, back to your mom.. What's she like?" She asks, staring at the food.

"I'm about to kick you out of the kitchen." I say chuckling.

"I didn't even touch it!" She says throwing her hands up in defense.

"But you were about too!" I say pointing an accusing finger.

"I was only thinking about it..." She says crossing her arms over her chest.

"Anyways, my mom, she's amazing. She has always supported my sister and I, no matter what her beliefs were. She may have not always agreed with our decisions at first, but she'd push her opinions aside because she knew we were our our own people and made our own decisions." I said as I finished up the food. "Now does that mean that she didn't express her opinion and give us advice." I say as Evelyn chuckles.

"And what about your sister?" She asks, as she quickly grabs the plate from my hand, and I sit down next to her.

"She can be a total brat one minute, and the next she's the most selfless person ever." I say chuckling.

"I don't think that's just your sister. Ellie's the same way."

"Are you close with your dad?" She asks as I slightly stiffen for a minute. Evelyn takes notice to this, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." She says shoving food in her mouth.