29. Baby Voice Activated

Slipping Through My Fingers - ABBA

I walk into the bedroom, coming to a halt in the doorway when I see Greyson laying on the bed on his stomach, holding himself up on his elbows/forearms

I walk into the bedroom, coming to a halt in the doorway when I see Greyson laying on the bed on his stomach, holding himself up on his elbows/forearms. His bare back coming into view. Asher is laying underneath him as a little coo escapes his mouth and my heart strings pull, very tightly.

Greyson grabs the little giraffe toy and moves it in front of Asher's face, making a noise that causes Asher to let out a tiny squeal-like sound. Greyson's head turns to look at me and he smiles before looking back down at Asher. His baby voice activates, "Here comes Mama." He says as I walk over to the bed, Asher's fingers shoved in his mouth. His little head turns and he smiles when he sees me.

"What are you doing?" I lean forward, baby voice in full swing. "Are you playing with Daddy?" His hand wraps around the giraffe toy and it squeaks, causing him to look at it. He coos at it, barely, before he starts to fuss and kick his legs, meaning he's over stimulated.

"Are you done?" Greyson asks, running his hands on the top of his head soothingly, "What do you think about some tummy time bud?" He asks, handing me the toy as I set it down and Greyson scoops him up in his arms.

Asher gurgles as he looks around, Greyson's hand supporting his head as we make our way down the stairs.

Heading into the living room Greyson sits on the blanket that is on the floor, gently laying Asher down on his stomach. A little baby safe mirror in front of him as he slightly lifts his head up. Smiling at his own reflection, Greyson lays on his stomach next to him.

"What time are you leaving?" Greyson asks, looking up from Asher for a second, before glancing back down and smiling at him.

"Within the next ten minutes." I say as he nods, resting his head on his elbow as I quickly take out my phone, snapping a couple of pictures.

"You almost got it bud." Greyson says, baby voice still activated, referring to Asher trying to lift his head. It doesn't take more than a minute for Asher to start fussing again, "And we're done with that." Greyson says rolling him over to his back, his voice returning to normal, he lightly pats his stomach, "You lasted longer than last time at least."

"You ready to go?" I ask, bending down to pick up Asher. "Huh? You wanna go bye-bye?" I say, one hand under his butt the other on the back of his head.

"I'll go start your car for you. Even in the garage it's super hot." Greyson says as I nod, walking into the kitchen to grab the diaper bag and slip on my black platform converse.

"You're the best!" I yell from the kitchen.

Making my way to the garage, I place Asher in his carseat, fastening him in and hopping in the driver's seat. Rolling my window down Greyson rests his forearms against them, leaning in to kiss me. "Have fun."

"Ditto." It was monthly golf day for the guys, which meant the girls and I were having a girls day until they were done. Which this month, consisted of going to the outlet mall. "Try to keep his face covered as much as you can." Greyson says as a soft smile spreads across my face.