32. Sunday Mornings

This is a double update! Go back and read chapter 31 if you didn't already!

Love Someone - Lukas Graham

It was morning's like these I'd cherish forever

Asher was sitting on my chest as I lay flat on my back, my knees bent to support his back as he sat up and I held onto his hands. A smile on his face as his big blue eyes lit up, which brings a smile to my face.

I notice a figure leaning against the doorframe and lift my head from the pillow, Greyson's eyes meeting mine as my smile gets bigger and he walk towards the bed. Setting the mugs he was holding on the nightstand, he sits on the edge of the bed, reaching over and cupping my cheek, he leans down, his soft lips connecting with mine, briefly. "Morning baby." He says, pushing a strand of hair out of my face.

My eyes slowly open, "Good morning." I say, yawning and wrapping my arm around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, taking in his familiar scent of sandalwood. Kissing his neck a couple of times he chuckles against my shoulder, my hand moving to the base of his hair, before my lips connect with his again. He pulls away, sitting back up as he hands me a mug full of coffee, "Thanks baby." I say as Asher reaches for the mug. "No, you can't have that." I say, baby voice reactivated, lightly pinching his side as he giggles.

His laughter is interrupted by a little sneeze, "Bless you." I say, booping his nose with the tip of my finger as he smiles at me. "You wanna go for a walk?" I ask, looking over at Greyson.

With it being almost February already, the weather was amazing, being in the late 60s in the mornings and evenings, early 70s in the afternoon, and with us living right on the beach, it was even chillier than that at times. We took every chance we got to be outside for long periods of time.

"Yeah." He says, clapping his hands once before reaching out for Asher, who happily reaches his arms out for Grey. "Come on Bub." He says, kissing him on the cheek.

Sliding out of bed, I make my way into the walk in closet, scanning through my side of the wall filled with clothes. Grabbing a white crop top and one of Greyson's flannels, I slipped on a pair of vintage Levi Strauss mom jeans, rolling up the bottoms a couple of times.

"Ev, you ready?" Greyson asks from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I shout back, switching the light switch off and heading down the stairs quickly. Greyson had Asher rested on his arm, his large hand covering his back. "Let's go."

We head out the back door, walking around the pool, and then down the stairs before my feet hit the cool sand.

Greyson switches Asher from his arm to his shoulders, holing him up with his hands on his back. Asher gurgles, a smile rested on his face as he takes in the new view, big blue eyes lighting up. I hook my arm around Greyson's waist/lower back as we walk in a perfect, steady rhythm.