25. Bonded For Life

Never Grow Up - Taylor Swift

*

Lil Baby Ash:

*

"Babe, can you come in here?" Evelyn's voice echoes from the bathroom

"Babe, can you come in here?" Evelyn's voice echoes from the bathroom. Pulling my head away from Asher I walked towards the bathroom to find her sitting on the toilet, a pained look on her face.

"What's wrong?" I ask curiously standing in the doorway.

"You have to hold my hand." She states as I try not to laugh. "I'm not kidding, it hurts to pee. Like really badly." She says as a chuckle escapes my lips and I walk towards her, grabbing a hold of the hand she had reaching out towards me.

She squeezes my hand tightly, "Holy mother of God!" She slightly yells. After another couple of profound words she lets go of my hand and shoo's me away.

She slowly walks out of the bathroom, as I help her back on the bed, "You realize, we're bonded for life now. Just because of that moment." She says, a cheeky grin on her face.

"Not because we're married and just had a baby?"

"Nope. It's because you held my hand while I peed. You're a keeper." She pats the top of my head a couple of times.

I sit on the edge of the bed, grabbing ahold of the bar and wheeling the wood and plastic bassinet towards us. Sticking my hand into the clear part I gently ran my finger along Asher's soft cheek. His tiny hands reached up as he stretches and lets out a little yawn, before he relaxes, wrapping one of his tiny hands around my index finger and a grin spreads across my face.

I felt the bed dip, slightly, beneath me before Evelyn's chin rested on my shoulder, looking down at him sleeping. "He's perfect." She whispers, kissing the edge of my shoulder, intertwining her fingers with mine. Her ring reflecting from the sun coming through the window. I've never felt happier to be up at seven in the morning.

"Look at his chubby little cheeks." Evelyn says as I chuckle.

"He got that from me. I was a fat baby." Which makes sense considering I'm 6'2, 205 lbs.