42. Lost Your Mind

Ms. Jackson - Outkast

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I ask as I snatched the papers out of Greyson's hands

I believe that my grandson is living in an unstable home.

Greyson Rhodes should and cannot be trusted with his own child and has brainwashed my daughter to be just as bad of a parent.

I gasped.

My grandson is only a couple of months old. He should be moved to a stable living home while he's still young and his mind can be impacted on easily.

"I hate him." I say, standing up and grabbing Asher. "We're leaving."

Greyson flags down our waitress to get our check as I grab ahold of the stroller and walk outside without him. I needed some fucking air.

A couple of minutes pass until Greyson swings the door open, his phone pressed to his ear. "Can he even do that?" He asks, grabbing ahold of the stroller as we start walking down the street. "How? He's never even met Asher. He doesn't even know his fucking name. Hell, he's barely even met me." He all but yells, walking down the street quickly. "He should be in jail right now. How can he file for custody of my baby when he was arrested not even a year ago?"

I pull my phone out of my pocket, looking for my mom's contact. It rings a couple of times before she answers.

"Hey Sweetie."

"Mom. We need to talk."

"Evelyn, what's wrong?"

"Can you come over?" I ask, looking up at Greyson for permission and he nods, returning his attention back to his phone call.

"I'll be over soon." She says before hanging up.

I slide my phone back into my back pocket. Looking down at Asher, a smile immediately comes to my face as he babbles on. Having a conversation with the world around through baby talk. And for a second, it's like nothing is going wrong right now.

"Well I need you to figure it the fuck out because, he will not be taking my baby away from me." Greyson spats out before pulling the phone away from his ear, sliding it into his pocket. We come to a stop in front of our SUV.

"Greyson, we're not going to lose him. He takes a lot for a mother to lose custody and you sure as hell haven't done anything." I say as he looks down at me. He puts his hands out for Asher as I hand him over. He kisses him on the cheek as Asher snuggles into him.

"I don't want to lose my Bubby." He says sadly and my heart crumples into a million pieces.

"You won't. My dad doesn't stand a chance, especially since he got arrested. He's wasting his money and giving the judge a chance to talk about him hitting my mom."