44. Walking and Talking

Sweetest Devotion - Adele

"I refuse to believe that he's going to be one in less than a week

"I refuse to believe that he's going to be one in less than a week." Greyson says, sitting down next to me, on the floor of the living room.

"I know. He's growing up so fast. Next thing we know, he'll have his first girlfriend."

"That's my boy." Greyson says, making me chuckle and swat his chest.

Asher comes walking wobbly towards us, pushing the little Baby Wooden Push Walker toy for support. "Come here Bubby!" I clap a couple of times, baby mode in full swing, as usual.

He takes his hands off the walker, falling backwards to a sitting position. He reaches forward, grabbing a toy block off the floor and shoving it in his mouth, drool running down his shirt. "Cute Bub." Greyson says, making Asher looks at us. "Come here!" He says, putting his hands out for him.

We've been trying to get him to walk on his own for about a month now, even if it is just one or two steps. Every time he's tried he's fallen over before he could barely get one step in.

Asher places his hands in front of him, pushing himself back up into a standing position. Greyson and I sit up straighter, "Do it again." I nudge his arm.

"Asher, come here!" He clap his hands, pushing them out further in front of him. Asher reaches his arms out towards us. "Come here Bubby!" Greyson says, clapping his hands again.

Asher keeps his arms out. I roll onto my knees, "Bub, come here!" I say and he looks at me. He smiles, "Da da." He says pointing at Greyson.

"Come here. I'm right here, Bubby." He says.

Asher moves his foot forward, wobbling for a second before he moves his other foot. Greyson moves to his knees, continuing to clap. "Asher, come here!" He says and Asher takes another step, before falling over.

"Oh my God, he kind of did it!"

He pushes himself back up, laughing as Greyson and I cheer him on. He runs right into Greyson's arms as Greyson lifts him up, tossing him in the air and catching him. "You walked Bubby!" He says, earning a laugh from Asher when he tosses him again.

He places him back on the ground and Asher turns to me, obviously excited with this new experience he practically stomps his feet as he takes a step towards me. He leans up, placing his mouth on top of mine. The kid loves kisses and I'm not complaining. "I'm so proud of you!" I say, wrapping my arms around him and smothering his face with kisses, earning a series of laughs and giggles. Warming my mama heart right up.

"Oh hey. I leaned his car seat back a little." Greyson says and I chuckle.

"Took you long enough." I say, sarcasm lacing my tone.

"Hey, I've been a bit busy. Cup Final champs and all." She flexes his bicep.

"I know, I'm messing with you." I say, leaning my back against him. I place my hand on his thigh and he wraps his arm around me.