22. Forever and Always

*I did a double update, so if you haven't read chapter 21, go back and do so. It's a pretty cute chapter.*

I Didn't Know - Sofia Carson

"Did you know that when a wallaby is born, it's the size of a jelly bean?" Evelyn asks as I softly chuckle

"Did you know that when a wallaby is born, it's the size of a jelly bean?" Evelyn asks as I softly chuckle. Bubbles falling off of our hands as I loosely intertwine our fingers, my elbow resting on the edge of the bathtub.

"That was random, but no, I didn't know that." I say kissing the back of her hand.

"I've decided to tell you daily fun facts." She says, flipping the page of her book.

"How are you reading and telling me fun facts at the same time?"

"I honestly don't know. My ADHD is going off the hook right now." She says, bookmarking her page and setting it down.

"How big is our baby this week?" I ask as a grin appears on her face. I've learned it's one of her favorite things to talk about the baby's size and what's happening during each week.

"About the size of an acorn squash. His eyelashes should be growing in and fingernail growth should've started." She says, looking up at me. Her bareback hitting my chest as she sat in between my legs, slouched down slightly.

"Yeah?" I ask looking down at her.

"Yep!" Her grin grows wider as I lean down to kiss her. The pieces of her hair that are sticking out of her messy bun tickling my neck.

"OH! The most exciting part is that his eyes are starting to open and he can hear noises and respond to them!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Although, my uterus probably isn't the best view," She says softly chuckling, "I read a couple of different articles and some of them said you should shine a flashlight at your stomach and if the baby kicks, it's his way of saying: "Get the light out of my eye!", isn't that cool."

"We'll have to try it." I say smiling down at her.

"Our mom's are going to look at apartments today." She says as I look at the white tile wall in front of me.

"That's good. Hopefully they find something."

"Chris loves Mom, but he might lose his mind if she's there much longer." She says chuckling.

"I get it." I say, kissing her cheek. "What time are we going to lunch?"

"Twelve."

I lean over tapping my phone screen to check the time. "We still have two hours." After getting up at five for a six A.M. practice and a walk on the beach when I got back. My muscles definitely got excited when Evelyn suggest a bubble bath together.

"Did your mom tell you she's not going home today?" Evelyn asks, moving her head to the side to stretch her neck.

"No." My brows furrow as I take in a deep breath.