BONUS CHAPTER - 1

In honor of 60.3k reads, and Taylor Swift's new album dropping at Midnight, here's the first BONUS CHAPTER!!!

P.S. Keep a heads up for the Author's Note at the end.

For the third time now, I'd felt completely helpless

For the third time now, I'd felt completely helpless. The only difference was, I knew I'd be able to help eventually.

After we had to do an emergency C-section with Aspen, Evelyn knew better than to even want a natural birth this time around. Plus, I don't think she was too keen on pushing out two babies instead of just one.

"I'm done after these two. I can't keep taking these stressful births." Evelyn says, looking over at me on the bed.

"I know baby." I say, leaning forward in the chair. I reach for her hand, "You're doing great." Just like I'd said the last two times.

"Is your mom getting Asher from school?" She asks, tying her hair up in a bun.

"Yeah. I think she even got there an hour early." I say and we both chuckle. "Gracie's on her way."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Gracie and Aiden now had a total of 6 kids. 2 boys, 4 girls. To say Liam was excited about having a boy was an understatement, even if there is a 10 year age gap.

"I'm glad. We haven't seen them since Christmas."

"I know. It sucks." With us living in Colorado, it wasn't as easy to see Gracie and her crew since they weren't only an hour away anymore. Since, we'd only moved back in April, we hadn't had to time to even meet up with them yet.

Weekly cousin FaceTime calls were a necessity in both households, for both the kids and the parents. Aspen and Asher were going to lose their shit when they found out that they were going to get to see all six cousins in person after almost a year. We decided to wait and surprise all 8 kids and not tell them till they got here.

Evelyn turned on her side to face me, "Will you lay with me?" She asks quietly.

"Of course, baby." I say and she scoots over a little. I sink into the uncomfortable hospital bed. We'd only been here for three hours, unlike the other two kids, she was progressing quickly, which was a good sign.

"Time for the vasectomy to happen babe." She says as she snuggles into me.

"Fine with me."

Of course we'd talked about that, we were just gonna wait and see how we felt after the twins before making a final decision. But, then again, there's reversible vasectomies.

"Are you excited for Europe?" I ask and she nods her head.

After 5 years, we were finally getting to go. We had planned the trip before we found out we were pregnant with Aspen. Ev wasn't too set on spending most of the trip puking so we decided to push it back, and then, life just got in the way.