27. Gala Preparations

Little Things - One Direction

I pushed the grey stroller down the sidewalk, Evelyn's left hand wrapped around my bicep as she window shopped

I pushed the grey stroller down the sidewalk, Evelyn's left hand wrapped around my bicep as she window shopped. Going on about how we were somehow going to manage going broke or bankrupt if they didn't stop making such cute baby things.

I chuckled in amusement at how adorable she was. Her long, curly brown hair was in a low bun, a light pink baseball cap resting on her head. Her oversized white linen shirt hung off one of her shoulders, the front of it tucked into a pair of denim shorts. Her customized creme colored converse with embroidered flowers on them had arrived the other day, so we had to go do something today to "officially break them in" or so she says. Her usual set of rings stacked on her fingers, matching her wedding ring perfectly. Her gold layered necklaces lay perfectly on her collarbone, and a pair of butterfly earrings barely hung from her earlobes.

"Have you ever done that?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I hummed in confusion.

"Have you ever been about to fall asleep, and then you get the sudden urge to randomly google something, and it's usually something super random?" She asks, a serious look on her face as I stifle a laugh.

"No." I say, the laugh escaping my lips as she swats my chest.

"It's not funny." She says through gritted teeth, even though she was trying not to laugh.

"It kind of is." I say, turning the corner of the street.

We had driven downtown to all the boutiques along the beach. Since it was 10 A.M. on a weekday in the middle of October, it wasn't busy at all.

Lifting my baseball cap, I scratch my forehead before sliding it backwards on my head again. "Two more days." I hear her whisper underneath her breath.

"Are you thinking dirty things about me, Mrs. Rhodes?" I ask as her eyes slightly widen before a cheeky grin rests on her face.

"Always." She says squeezing my bicep.

She let's out a deep breath, leaning her head against my arm as we continue to walk down the street. "So.. Are you going to go into to any stores, or just gaze through the windows."

"Yes, we're going to shop, but we have to go into a certain store first." She says looking up at me as I raise a brow.

"What store?"

"This one." She stops right in front of Starbucks as a chuckle escapes my lips and she pulls the door open. "Smells like heaven."

We make our way to the front counter when she walks over to the mobile order shelf and grabs two drinks off of it. "I come prepared."

"So I've learned."

"We can shop now." She says, wrapping her hand back around my bicep as we head out the door and back down the street.