8. Nightmares and Comfort

Trigger Warning: toxic relationship- a little hitting and not some not very nice words, slight mention of attempted touching without consent.

*

Lost Myself - Jamie Miller

"Don't talk to me like that, Evelyn

"Don't talk to me like that, Evelyn. Come on baby, don't do this to me, to us." Austin said, his brown eyes drowning me. Those eyes that once pulled me in and I couldn't stop looking at, now I see them and they're completely different. Not warm and safe anymore. No, these were the eyes of the real Austin Henton, the monster I've let control me for the past 6 months. God, why couldn't I see the signs sooner.

"Let go of me, Austin." I said bitterly as his grip on my bicep tightened, feeling like he was about to break my arm. "Stop you're hurting me." I pleaded as tears began to form in my eyes.

"You didn't care that you're trying to hurt me, by leaving." Austin said as his grip got even tighter.

"We both know I'm not hurting you. You're the one the that slept with someone else." I said as I felt a sting on my right cheek. He had slapped me.

My hand reached up to touch my face as the sting lingered for a couple of minutes.

"Baby, you better watch how you talk to me. The sooner you realize I'm the only one who will put up with your dirty mouth the better it will be for you." He said as he pinned me against the wall.

"Stop, Austin." I cried out, reaching for his arm that was on my bicep still.

"You're pathetic you know that. You go on and run home to mommy and daddy or your big brother, cry to them all you want, but soon you'll realize that I'm the only one who really cares about you and you'll coming running back to me." He says as I find the strength to push him off of me. Tears running down my cheeks, "Get off of me!"

I somehow find the courage to knee him where the sun don't shine, which gets me a perfect window to run away. I'm trying to go but my feet won't move. "NO, PLEASE!!" Tears are running down my face, one after another.

Austin stands back up, his hand coming to my chin, "That wasn't very nice, Evelyn. You're going to have to be punished now." He says as he backs me into the wall again.

I can't stop the tears that are coming, I try to scream but nothing comes out. Soon his hand is traveling down to my waist-

I jolt up, tears running down my face as I'm breathing heavy. It takes a second for me to realize where I am. Before I can comprehend anything I feel two large arms wrapped around me. "Shh, you're okay... it wasn't real." I hear Greyson's deep voice say as I continue to breath heavy.

Just letting the tears fall, I relax into his touch, my back against his chest.

As I slowly start to calm down I register that we're still on the couch, only now hockey is on instead of the movie we were watching. "Wha-"