26. Get Pucked

Vegas - Doja Cat

1 Month Later...

I walked through the doors of the arena, unlocking my phone to pull up the QR code for our tickets.

"He's so cute, I can't." Sophia says looking at Asher who was asleep against my chest in the black wrap carrier I had on. His black hat sliding down his forehead. I lightly pushed it up, as he sucked on a tan pacifier.

Slipping my phone into the back pocket of my light wash jeans. We make our way through security and I slip my black puffy jacket on, before my Carhartt Woodside beanie that was the color called, Coal Heather.

We stop by the restroom and concessions before making our way down to the our seats right behind the goal. Don't get me wrong, box seats are nice, but I like being right up front. There's something about being right up against the glass when someone get's slammed into the wall, being able to hit the glass whenever it's a guy from your team getting hit.

We make our way down the steps when we see only a couple of the guys from our team out on the ice. The tension was thick in the air, it was the first game of the season and it was against enemy number one, Tampa. A rivalry that goes back to the 90s all because two best friends got separated because of trading teams, and one stabbed the other in the back, so he could get to the Cup Finals.

It doesn't help that Tampa is a team full of a bunch of assholes, don't even get me started started on Shayne Sampson. He is the king of cheap shots.

Knowing I'd be sitting for a while I rested my back against the glass, my hand resting on the back of Ash's head. Ellie sat on the stadium seat sideways, throwing her legs over the arm rest, "Someone take my picture." She said handing her phone out as I grabbed it. She smiled as I snapped a couple of pictures.

"Cute El." I say chuckling before handing the phone back.

After a couple of minutes of everyone taking pictures I see a figure lean against the other side of the glass. Craning my neck back, my eyes read the name and number on the back of the jersey, Rhodes, 23.

A smile spreads across my face as he turns his head, his eyes meeting mine, and a panty wetting grin on his face.

He winks at me before skating around the goal to talk to Evan.

The time passes as we wait for the game to start. I slowly sway back and forth, one hand on the back of Asher's head and the other under his butt. The lights flicker a couple of times, meaning there is about five minutes until everything gets started. I slide into the navy blue stadium seat. "What shit is Tampa gonna pull tonight?" Katherine asks, leaning forward to see all of us. I rest my feet up on the wall in front of me, crossing my ankles. 

"I have no idea." I say when Asher's pacifier falls out of his mouth and he starts to fuss, I quickly slip it back in his mouth before he settles down, falling right back asleep.