6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked

Staying Alive - Bees Gees

For all of practice we've been doing different series of power plays

For all of practice we've been doing different series of power plays. We just finished up our last one, a 4 on 2 power play. "Alright, good work today team, now get your asses out of here." He says as we all start to skate off of the ice."

"See you in 30, Lynch." Jake says as he jumps off the ice.

"Wish me luck, fuckers." He says as he starts to do laps around the ice.

After that whole.. accident, he's had to stay and do laps for 30 minutes after practice for the rest of the week.

"Dude, I still can't believe he actually beat your ass." Jake says taking off his under shirt.

"No need to remind me." I say slipping on a new t-shirt.

"So, Evelyn's moving in, huh?" Evan asks, sliding his skates off.

"She already has actually."

"I'm excited to see how this is going to go." Jake says slapping me on the back.

"What the hell does that mean?" I say turning to them.

"Dude, you're going to be living with a pregnant girl, I'm pretty sure they get like super horny, also not to mention she's hot, and  you told her you wouldn't be having sex." Jake says, laying on the floor.

"Technically, I said that I wouldn't bring girls home, not that I wouldn't have sex."

"Are you really going to be a dick, and have sex with other women, while Evelyn is stuck at home, carrying your child." Evan says, giving me a disappointed look.

"No..." I mumble.

"Exactly, so something is bound to happen between you two." Jake says, although it's hard to take him seriously when he's sprawled out on the floor like a starfish.

"Jake, what the actual fuck are you doing?" I ask, running a towel over my hair.

"Just imagine I'm your baby, playing on one of the stupid play mat things." He says as I stare at him with utter shock. What the hell goes through this man's mind. "Ooh, or I'm your toddler rolling on the floor."

"Jake, just shut the fuck up."

"But daddy." He says as he lets out a high pitched moan and I throw the towel at him.

"Holy s-shit." Evan says through laughter.

"Jesus man, how old are you?" I ask chuckling as I shove my hockey stick and gear in my bag.

"You're just mad that Evelyn isn't the one saying that."

"No, I'm not. I have no sexual feelings towards her."

"Mhm," Jake says sitting up with an eyebrow raised, "why is she pregnant then?"

"Alcohol."

"Sureee." He says wiggling his eyebrows. He stops looking around, "Hey where did Evan go?" He asks standing up.

"I don't know, he was just here." We both start to head towards the showers.

"Yo, Henderson, you in here?" Jake yells, but there's no response, at least from him.

"He's not in here." Andrew Carson, one of our starting defensemen says as he walks past me.

"Weird." Jake says, walking back out to where our lockers are.

"HENDERSON!!" We hear a voice yell.

"Shit." I mumble knowing who's it was. Jake and I run towards the locker room doors. Quickly stopping once we're through them we see Evan standing there, with none other than Ellie Lynch.

"Jesus kid, didn't you learn from me." I say as Jake steps in from of Chris.

"Maybe hear him out before we have a repeat of you and Rhodes, yeah?" Jake says as Chris has a pissed off look.

"Look, I know what this looks like..." Evan starts.

"Bad start, buddy." Jake mumbles.

"Shut up fucker, I'm trying to not get killed here." Evan says looking at Jake for a second, before starting to talk again. "We're not just fucking around for fun Chris. I really like her." He says looking at Ellie, smiling like a fool.

She wraps her arm around his waist before looking at Chris. "You can't tell me who I can and can't date Chris, I'm my own person. Besides, you should know better than to tell me not to do something, it's almost like you were asking for it." She lightly chuckles before stopping after seeing Chris didn't find much humor in this.

Ellie lets go of Evan before walking towards her brother, "Whether you like it or not, this is happening. So, you better get over it, unless you want to lose your baby sister." She says nudging his shoulder.

Chris thinks for a minute before his face softens, "I thought you weren't a baby anymore?" He says smiling down at her.

"Come on, I'll always be your baby sister." She says pulling him into a hug, as he relaxes in it, before snapping his head up and pointing at Evan.

"You break her heart I swear to God-"

"I know, you'll beat the shit out of me." He says as Ellie walks back over him and we wraps his arms around her waist from behind and leans down and kisses her cheek.

"Shit, you are fucking whipped man." I say chuckling.

"You're just jealous." He snaps back.

"I am not. I could've had plenty of girlfriends if I wanted them." I say with a cocky grin.

"But none of them were Evelyn..." Jake says quietly.

"Huh?" Chris says as his eyes widen.

"Nothing." He says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Mhm..." Chris says walking into the locker room.

"You and Ev would be cute though..." Ellie says with a knowing grin.

"Oh come on, you too?" I say groaning and she just chuckles.

"I'm just looking out for my sister."

"Then don't set him up with her." Evan says resting his chin on top of her head.

"People change Evan... people change."

Soooo that happened...

Who saw that coming? I know I kind of hinted a few things at it so I'm not surprised if you put the pieces together.

So who's going to get a girlfriend next: Chris or Grey????

Maybe my next story in this series should be Evan and Ellie's story, let me know if that's what you want in the comments!!!!

Also, this chapter has exactly 1,000 words! How crazy is that?!