4. Twins are Genetic!

Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift (feat. Ed Sheeran)

Evelyn: 100 NW 2nd Street, Suite 10

Evelyn: 100 NW 2nd Street, Suite 10. 10:35 am. Thursday, January 4th

I reread the text making sure I had all the information right, as I sat outside the doctors office in my car, waiting for Evelyn to get here.

After another couple of minutes I see her gray Lexus GX pull up beside me, as she gets out. I copy her, closing my truck door and locking it. "Good Morning." I say with a cheeky grin as she gives me a look like she's about to kill me, "What's with that look, sunshine?"

"Don't call me that."

"You didn't answer my question, sunshine." I say grinning even wider, knowing I'm pressing all the right buttons right now.

"Would you like those bruises on your face to get darker?" She asks as I pout.

"Come on sunshine, you wouldn't want to mess up this pretty face more than it already is, now would you?" I say smirking, gaining an eye roll from her.

"I can't believe I'm having a kid with your annoying ass." She says as she walks inside the building.

I find a place to sit down as she checks in at the front desk, before she comes to sit next to me.

"So, what exactly is going to happen during this appointment?" I ask, raising a curious brow, as I wipe the sweat off of my hands.

"Well, it's an ultrasound, but considering the pregnancy is still early, my guess is it'll be a transvaginal ultrasound, we should be getting the baby's due date, and she'll probably answer any questions we have." Evelyn states, as I try to comprehend everything she just said, hell I'm still comprehending the fact that I'm going to be a dad. "Oh, and we should be able to hear a heartbeat." My head snaps up to look at her.

"You can hear a heartbeat this early on?" I ask as she nods her head yes. "Crazy to think you just found out your having a baby and you'll already get to hear a heartbeat."

I chuckle, "Yeah.. crazy".

We make small talk here and there before a nurse comes out and calls Evelyn's name and we head back there. We enter a usual exam room, except there's some type of extra computer thing on the ride side of the wall. There is a hospital gown laying on the exam table, that's in the middle of the room.

"Alright Evelyn, you'll need to put the gown on, feel free to remove your clothes only from the waist down, but if you'd be more comfortable removing all of your clothes, you are more than welcome to do so. I will be back shortly, unfortunately you will have to pee in a cup for us." The nurse says giving us a small smile before walking out, closing the door behind her.

"Do you want me to wait outside?" I ask as we stand there awkwardly.

"You can just turn around, if you want, it's up to you." She says as I turn around and stare at the diagram of a "Fetus in Utero", to be exact. Let's just say by the time I'm done studying that, I have many questions.