23. I Do

At Last - Etta James

My white heels clicked against the tile floor as we made our way through the wide hallway

My white heels clicked against the tile floor as we made our way through the wide hallway. "Sophia, will you tighten this strap." I stopped as I grabbed the left skinny strap of my dress. The white dress I was wearing hugged me tightly, perfectly showing my bump, its stopped right above my ankles, so you could see the heels I was wearing. They were white strappy heels and the top strap was ribbon that was tied into a bow instead of a normal strap.

"Of course." I felt her hand on my shoulder blade before she removed it, "Is that good?"

"Perfect." We began to walk again as Ellie grabbed ahold of my hand.

"Nervous?" She asked, squeezing my hand.

"Little bit." I pursed my lips together, my heart was beating a mile a minute.

"At least you don't have to read your vows in front of a whole bunch of people." Katherine said.

Greyson and I had talked about it, and we decided to give each other our vows in private. It took me the full two weeks we had to write mine because nothing sounded right, at least not for him, after everything he's done for me.

"I'm so happy for you." Ellie said, resting her cheek gently on my shoulder.

"Thank you." I say squeezing her hand.

We turn the corner and Evan looks up, he nudges Greyson's arm before he looks up. The minute his baby blue eyes meet mine, all nerves and worries flew straight out the window. His eyes trail all the way down my body and back up before a huge grin spreads across his face. He was clad in a white dress shirt, with the sleeves rolled up and the top buttons undone, showing just enough of his collarbone my knees were about to give out, and navy dress pants, with brown dress shoes.

We were surrounded by our whole friend group, our mom's and Gracie. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

Gracie comes up and hugs me, "You look absolutely stunning." She says as I pull away with a smile on my face.

"Thank you."

My mom comes up next, tears forming in her eyes, "My baby, I'm so beyond happy for you." She says, letting a tear fall as I feel tears of my own forming in my eyes, I quickly bring my finger to the bottom of my eye, "You're gonna make me mess up my makeup." I say as she laughs before kissing me on the forehead.

Anne follows her, "You're stunning, Evelyn." She places her hands on the sides of my head, looking at me before enveloping me in a hug. After another second she pulls away and squeezes my hand.

"We'll give you guys a second." Jake says patting Chris's shoulder. As they all walk into the room. Greyson stands off to the side as Chris comes up to me.

"Come here." He says before he leans down and engulfs me in his arms. My chin rests on the top of his shoulder as a tear falls from my eye. "You have no idea how proud I am of you and how happy I am... For both of you." He says pulling away and looking at Greyson. A tear falls down Chris's cheek as I wipe it away, "I thought you didn't cry?" I ask, my voice choking up slightly.