18. Mama and Mamacita

Paper Rings - Taylor Swift

"Hello!" I hear the sound of my mothers voice from downstairs as Evelyn raises her head from my chest

"Be down in a minute!" I yell as Evelyn stands up, quickly putting clothes on. I walk into my closet, grabbing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

"Shit, I need a bra." She says quickly walking out of my room.

"When are you moving in here?" I ask, peaking my head out of my doorway.

"As soon as you move my stuff." She says before she disappears into her room.

I follow after her, "You do realize my mom is going to want to help with the nursery, right?" I ask leaning against the door frame.

"Great, that's less work I have to do." She says as I chuckle. She slips on a pair of black leggings, with my t-shirt on her. "Good enough." She shrugs, following me out of the room.

We make our way downstairs and into the kitchen, my mom's eyes meet mine before moving to Evelyn and her face lights up. "Oh! You're even more beautiful in person!" She says shoving past me, enveloping Evelyn in a hug. Ev doesn't hesitate to hug her back with a huge smile. "It's good to finally meet you in person." My mom says grinning.

"It is." Evelyn says, returning the grin.

"Oh, hey mom. Nice to see you too." I say sarcastically as she turns her head to me, her long brown hair falling off of her shoulders.

She walks over and hugs me, "Hi mama." I say kissing her on the cheek.

"Hi baby, I missed you." She says rubbing my back, before letting go. "But, get out." She says as my smile fades.

"It's my house." I say as she shrugs her right shoulder.

"We're having girl time, invite Chris over or something, I don't care but, shoo." She says, moving her hands in a "shooing" motion as Evelyn stifles a laugh.

"Fine." I say walking into the living room before texting Chris to "get his ass over here." In exact words.

There's a basketball game on and I leave it playing in the background as I look at hockey stats from last season.

"We're going to run some errands, need anything?" Evelyn asks, walking towards me.

"Not that I can think of." I say as she pecks my lips before starting to walk away, "Text me if you do." She says as I nod my head smiling.

"I love you!" She shouts from the entryway as I chuckle.

"I love you too." I say, before looking back at my phone, to see a reply from Chris.

Chris: why?

Me: my mom has stolen Ev, I was told to invite you over.