45. 365 Days

Cover Me In Sunshine - P!nk, Willow Sage Hart

"Happy Birthday, Asher!" My mom cheers as we walk towards to table in the back of the restaurant

"Happy Birthday, Asher!" My mom cheers as we walk towards to table in the back of the restaurant. She takes Asher from my arms, kissing his cheek several times and he laughs. "I can't believe how big you are!"

"How old are you? Are you a big boy now?" Mom asks, poking his side, causing a laugh to escape his mouth.

"Give me the baby." Evelyn says, referring to PJ. She takes her out of Aiden's arms before I pull out her chair and she sits down.

"Can't even pay attention to your own child, on his first birthday?" Ellie asks from beside us. Earning a jab to the side from Evelyn's elbow. Her mouth gapes open as she grabs her side.

"I give that child all of my attention." She snaps back.

"We kind of have to, considering if you look away for one second he's probably doing something he shouldn't be." I say and she chuckles.

"Tell me about it." Gracie says from across the table.

"Sorry I'm late. My car was blocked in." Kendra says as she walks to the table, all of our attention turning to her. She reaches her hands out and take Asher from my mom. "Happy birthday baby!" She says, bouncing him on her hip.

"He has no idea why he's even getting all this attention." I lean over, loudly whispering to Evelyn.

"He's soaking it up like he does though, that's for sure." She says, chuckling. She bounces PJ on her lap as she talks to her, booping her nose as she holds onto her hands, holding her in a sitting position, PJ giggles.

"Has he said anything new?" Gracie asks from across the table.

"Not much. Although, he definitely tries." Evelyn says, looking over at her.

"That's good!" She says and we both smile.

"Walking on his own yet?" Aiden pipes in.

"He did a little the other day, but he hasn't much since."

"Amelia refused to walk until she was almost two. She knew how, she just didn't want to." He says and I chuckle.

"She's still doesn't like walking that much. She wants to be held all the time." Gracies adds. "We finally had to make her when PJ came. Claire is obsessed with Aiden. Total daddy's girl, that one. And PJ can't walk or crawl."

"Yeah, she wasn't very happy with us." He says, placing his arm on the back of Gracie's chair as Claire sits on his lap, scribbling all over the little kids menu.

"Who wasn't happy?" Amelia asks from beside me and we all chuckle.

"Everybody is perfectly happy, Sweets." I say and she smiles up at me.

"Great!" She says, climbing onto my lap, sliding the kids menu over. "Tic-Tac-Toe?"

"Sure, Sweets." I say and she hands me a blue crayon.