35. Mornin' Lovin'

The Power of Love - Céline Dion

I roll over in the bed, burying my face in Evelyn's hair as she starts to stir

I roll over in the bed, burying my face in Evelyn's hair as she starts to stir. I couldn't ever get enough of waking up next to her... naked.

"Morning..." She said, pulling my arm that was draped over her, closer to her chest and intertwining our fingers. Her voice was groggy and a little hoarse but I loved it. I personally believe that she's the most beautiful when she wakes up, she's just got that raw and natural beauty thing going, and she's most vulnerable then. I couldn't be luckier.

"Good morning." I say, my face still buried in her honey lavender scented hair.

The morning sun barely started to peak through the curtains, seeing as though it was only 6 A.M.

Usually Asher was up by now, so I was savoring the little alone time we had before he was. Don't get me wrong, I love that tiny me more than anything in this world and I would do anything for him. But, I still have a wife, and we still need that physical relationship along with the emotional one. It's important to keep it all balanced. Plus, happy wife, happy life. And, the scratches that are always on my back, proves my theory.

"Did you sleep good?" She asks, turning her head to look at me.

"Mhm..." I hum, taking in her sweet scent.

"Thats's good." She let go of my hand before turning over to face me, draping her leg over my waist and tangling her fingers through the hair on the back of my head. "Is Asher not awake?"

"No, I didn't hear him so I checked the baby monitor and he was knocked out, so I didn't bother going in there. Figured, why not let him sleep." I say before I feel her head moving on the pillow, most likely nodding.

"What time is it?" She whispers.

"A little after six."

"That's odd. We should check on him if he's not awake soon." She says and I nod. She takes in a deep breath before letting it out, "I used to be such a deep sleeper."

I softly chuckle, kissing her forehead, "Me too baby."

"Your damn baby ruined that." She says as I open my eyes to see her smiling.

"Excuse me, last I checked, it takes two to make one." I quip as a laugh escapes her lips. "Hey, remember when you fell off the couch the other night?" I ask and she laughs, her eyes still shut.

"That hurt my tits." She huffs out as I chuckle.

I pull her even closer to me, her breasts hitting my chest as I let out a throaty groan at the skin-to-skin contact.

"You can't groan like that when you're the one that pulled me closer to you." She says, finally opening her eyes.

"You were too far."