CHAPTER 18

It's been more than 10 years since Bhargav left Kanchipuram, walking down the same old paved streets as the humid winds brushed his body giving him the warm feeling of home.

The city was even more beautiful than before, it had become even more developed. The known Kanchi seemed a little unknown after so many years.

But one thing was odd, in what used to be a bustling city, there were rarely any people here. And those who were out seemed to be in a rush.

"Shigreh Karo ! Suryasth hone mei bas kuch hi kshan shesh hai !" A person said to another.

Bhargav got an odd feeling, the people were definitely in fear of something.

He decided to enquire this from his parents and started walking fastly, diverting his attention from the views of the city and focusing on reaching home

Even though it's been more than a decade, and a lot of infrastructure of Kanchi had changed, Bhargav still was able to figure out the house of his parents quickly.

A lot had changed in the city but the home of his parents was still the same humble and safe abode. His heart was joyed when he heard the chants of 'Om' coming from inside. It was his mother's voice, she was definitely doing her evening meditation.

And just as he stepped on the threshold of his house, his mother came to know immediately.

"Putra ?" She muttered opening her eyes and was pleased beyond measures seeing her son.

"Maa." Bhargav smiled as he came closer to touch her feet.

"Kalyanmastu !" She blessed and then cupped his face, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Bhargav ?" A male voice said.

The student of Parshuram turned around and saw his father, Pandit Padmamukh, coming out of his room.

"Pitashree !" Bhargav was quick to seek his father's blessing by touching his feet.

"Ayushman bhava." Padmamukh said and raised him by holding his shoulders.

He checked his son from head to toe, Bhargav had grown up so much, he was now even taller than his father, which for some reason delighted Padmamukh.

He smiled at his son, and pulled him in a big embrace. His heart getting the satisfaction that it longed for after so many years. His son has finally returned their home.

"Maa-Pitashree ? Aap dono kushal toh hai ?" Bhargav asked.

"Tumhe dekh liya na, ab hum kushal ho gaye." Aparna said coming towards the father and son.

"Yeh batao, tum kaise ho putra ?" Padmamukh asked.

"Ghar wapas laut ke, santusht hu." Bhargav said smilingly.

But suddenly his smile faded as a melodious singing voice fell on his ears.

"Ayi Suvarchas vahini Ved vadini Navgrah sevita Suryamandala Chaitanya lok swamini Srinav Vamangi Namami Hariharnandini Harihareshwari."

Bhargav frowned as he felt a fluttering feeling in his heart, not from the voice but more from the words that were being sung. He realised that the one singing this bhajan was in the room, which used to be his.

"Hariharnandini manoharra Charushila Srinav jeevana Kartavya nistha sharanya Navgrah mata ved vadhatra."

Bhargav walked inside the room to know who was singing the beautiful bhajan, only to see a maiden lost in the devotion of the idol of the revered Harihareshwari in front of her.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

BHARGAV IS BACK AT KANCHIPURAM !

Aparna and Padmamukh.... Aaj khush toh bahut honge aap dono ❤️

And who is this new lady ? 🌝

BTW these shlokas in honour of Amarsri were written by her mother Trumanshi ❤️❤️❤️ she has written even more and I have decided to put them in the series ❤️❤️❤️