CHAPTER 47

After days of walking, Vidyashree reached the ideal place for her penance. It was a barren place on the banks of river kshipra but it was the same place from where Mahadev destroyed Tripur with one arrow.

The place was yet to live up to its prophecy, and because there no inhabitants it was perfect for her. The place provided for both peace and solitude.

But before starting, Vidyashree spent few days invoking her yogic powers that she had gathered from visiting all the holy tirth places. Because the strength of her yog is the only thing that is going to keep her alive in absence of food and water.

And thus after knowing herself to be ready, facing the auspicious river Kshipra, she stood on the one legged position of Vrikshashan with hands joined up in the air.

"Chahe jitne sahastra varsh beet jaaye, ab yeh netra aapke darshan hetu hi khulenge dev." She whispered to herself before closing her eyes.

"Om." She chanted for days, weeks, months, years and centuries.

Her body survived only on air with the help of her yogic powers. The intensity of her austerities kept heating up the entire area.

The holy river Kshipra would sometimes throw her water at Vidyashree to soothe her but after thousands of years the heat had started evaporating her water also.

On the other side in Mahendragiri, Bhargav for eons served Parshuram with unparalleled dedication. From getting ready his items for daily rituals, to calculating best muhurats for his worship of Mahadev, to accompanying him in various Yagyas to massaging his feet at daily night before going to sleep.

Parshuram would often say that it was him who was blessed with such a dedicated, devoted and selfless student like him. His humility had calmed down the fury of the axe-weilding god.

Bhargav was the one Parshuram could always account on. And he never forgot to thank Mahadev for letting him be his Guru.

-----

Damini was sitting on the stairs of the temple of Harihareshwari, while looking at the gate of Kanchipuram which was visible from there. Everyday she used to wait and hope of the return of Bhargav but he never did.

Some folks in the village had already accepted the fact that he may never will return, but the heart of Damini didn't want to believe it.

And today just like everyday for eons she was waiting and hoping for his return.

"Putri Damini." The familiar voice of Aparna brought her out of her thoughts.

"Kaki ? Yaha aane ka kasht kyu kiya ? Mujhe bula liya hota." She said looking at Aparna and also Padmamukh, who was beside her. They both had started to lose their youth in the pages of time.

"Nahi putri, hum toh bas yeh kehne aaye the ki kuch divaso hetu hum dono Kashmirpur jaa rahe hai." Aparna said.

"Kashmirpur ? Achanak ?" Damini asked.

"Waha se Mahashaashtrarth ka nimantran aya tha." Padmamukh said.

"Aur waha gaye huye atyant samaye bhi ho gaya hai. Brahmavani jiji se milne ka atyant man karta hai." Aparna said.

"Uchit hai. Aapki yaatra mangal-maye ho." Damini said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

The moment you all have been waiting for patiently and some not so patiently is about to come ✨

Waise kal is my 18th birthday 🌝🌝

So keep commenting as a birthday gift and you will get return gift in form of updates 🌝🌝🌝

Or else Soubalaa Mosi..... You know what I mean 🌝🌝