CHAPTER 33

The huge army of Danavas were standing in front of the entrance of Kanchipuram. People were afraid for their life, and their hope came in the form of the warrior wielding a sword.

"B-Bhargav, humari raksha karo !" They pleaded.

He nodded assuringly and walked out of the main gate. Holding up the sword he chanted few mantras, making it glow. With it, he drew a straight line on the ground right in front of the gate.

"Kripiya iss rekha ko paar mat kijiyega." He said, the citizens nodded nervously.

With flaming eyes he looked at the Danav army, who had let their guard loose, busy talking with each other because they had expected the humans will be afraid and send Damini, thus no need for war. But how wrong they were for underestimating the enemy.

Bhargav held up his word, swinged it so hard that the winds got generated by it and hit the Danavas right on their faces. It felt like a tight stinging slap as several even fell down.

Kumukh looked at sword-wielding warrior and was quick to realise that this was indeed Bhargav. The intensity of his strength could be seen just by his body language. Even when simply standing one could tell he was here to dominate.

"Toh tum ho Bhargav, jo mere aur Damini ke milan mei badha ban rahe ho ?" Kumukh asked.

"Nahi. Mai woh Bhargav hu jiske haatho tumhari mrityu likhi hai." He said.

"Pralaap na karo Yuvak ! Tum meri sena ke tale kuchle jaaoge !" Kumukh yelled.

"Danavo ke maharaj ho, kya tumhari sena tumhari praja nahi ? Kyu inki mrityu dekhna chahte ho mere dwara ? Samarthya hai toh swayam yudh karo mujhse." Bhargav said.

"Uchit hai. Aaj yudh keval hum dono ke madhya hoga." Kumukh said picking up his sword.

He looked at the sun, which had almost set completely. A smirk formed his lips, knowing the Asuras have more power at night.

With that confidence he lunged at Bhargav, swinging his sword only to be blocked by him.

"BHARGAV !" Damini exclaimed, who just came here with Aparna and Padmamukh. They looked at him with great worry.

Kumukh looked at her and then at Bhargav, whose eyes were still fixed on him.

"Kya rishta hai ? Kyu raksha kar rahe ho uski ?" Kumukh asked.

"Stree ke sammaan ki raksha karne hetu koi karan nahi chahiye, Kumukh !" Bhargav said kicking him on the torso, causing him to back away a few steps.

Bhargav lunged at him, agressively swinging his sword with such speed that Kumukh barely got chance to even defend himself. Everyone witnessing their duel clutched their heart which kept beating faster and faster by each clashing sound of swords.

Kicking Kumukh on the thigh and making him fall, Bhargav took a step back and pointed his sword at him. The bruised king of Danavas looked at him while panting heavily.

"Antim avsar de raha hu, chale jaao aur punah laut ke kabhi mat ana." Bhargav said.

"Lautna toh tumhe padega, apne logo ki raksha hetu." Kumukh said.

He raised his hands and the Danavas raised their bows and shot arrows towards the direction of Kanchipuram. The citizens screamed closing their eyes, but none of the arrow touched them.

All the arrows broke down after hitting a translucent barrier that got formed in front of Kanchipuram like a strong wall. The citizens realised it was because of the line that Bhargav drew, that was glowing.

Kumukh looked at the broken arrows and then at Bhargav, who was looking at him with even more anger.

"Antim avsar gava diya." He said and the King of Danavas trembled, like how a deer trembles in front of a tiger.

He tried to crawl back, but Bhargav was quick to keep his foot over his chest pinning him down. Kumukh looked at his kaal with wide eyes, as he raised his sword. And with one hard swing the head of Kumukh rolled off his body.

A moment of silence pervaded in the atmosphere. And then was broken by both the sides, the citizens of Kanchipuram cheering in victory while the Danavas mourning the death of their king.

But the Asura race backed away when Bhargav snapped his head towards them.

"Kumukh ko uska dand mil gaya. Ab tumhari baari." He said pointing his sword at the Danavas, causing them to gulp.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

KUMUKH MAR GAYA ! KUMUKH MAR GAYA !

DAMINI GIRL THANK YOUR BESTIE ! CAUSE HER HUSBAND FREED YOU FROM THE FEAR OF KUMUKH !

Now let's see what punishment will Bhargav give to Danavas..... Any guesses ? 🌝🌝

Hint - It might be an actual historical event 🌝🌝🌝