CHAPTER 37

After walking more than 500 miles, Vidyashree reached the holy pilgrimage by the side of pious river Mandakini, Kedarnath, a place where the crop of Liberation grows.

Although this place holds its serenity and peace, today there was panic in the hearts of natives due to the dark clouds and strong winds blowing. It was the indication of flood as the waves Mandakini river had become violent.

But the harsh weather didn't matter to Vidyashree, she went inside the temple and offered her prayers to Mahadev before sitting down to meditate.

The old priest inside the temple, stared at her amused. Either she was unaware of the incoming floods or she was unafraid of them. Seeing the radiance of her face and the calmness it had, the second assumption was more possible.

"Devi ?" He called, causing her to open her lotus eyes and look at him.

"Aapke dhyaan mei vighn utpan karne hetu kshama, kintu Mandakini nadi baadh ka sanket de rahi hai. Yeh sthaan surakshit nahi hai kisi bhi mrityu ho sakti hai, aap mere saat mere ghar par chale, meri patni aapki sewa mei koi kami nahi hone degi." The priest said.

"Kya aap yeh keh rahe hai ki aapke Ghar mei mrityu pravesh nahi kar sakti ?" Vidyashree asked.

"Mrityu ko kaunsa ghar rok saka hai ? Mrityu toh katu-satya hai." The old priest said.

"Yadi Mrityu param satya hai toh usse bhaye kyu ? Jeevan se moh hi bhaye ka karan banta hai." She said.

"Kintu iska yeh arth nahi ki aage se kaal ko aalingan de." The old priest tried to persuade. A small smile appeared on her face.

"Ab Mahakaal ke sharan mei, kaal kya bigaad sakta hai ?" Vidyashree said.

"Stree-hat aur Yogi-hat, dono ka kuch nahi kiya jaa sakta. Mai aapki suraksha ki kaamna karunga." The old priest gave up.

"Dhanyawad." Vidyashree said joining her hands.

She then went back to her meditation, the old priest sighed and hesitantly left, praying to Mahadev for her safety. The weather was becoming worse and worse by each passing moment. The waves of Mandakini had started going way above their level.

The houses near it's banks were already been destroyed. The thundering and heavy rain just worsened the situation even more. Everyone had locked themselves in their houses praying that the floods don't hit them.

The old priest from his house, kept looking outside the window which gave him the view of Kedarnath. He was worried whether the temple would be damaged and also more worried about the young woman inside it.

"Lagta hai baadh, mandir ko bhi nahi chhodega." His wife said worriedly looking at the floods coming to the direction of the temple.

"Yeh kaisi vipda hai bholenath ?" The old priest sighed.

And then he gasped seeing the flooded water entering inside the temple. With such high and strong flow anyone would've been knocked unconscious. But to his surprise, the water level got lowered.

"Yeh kya ?" He muttered. The old priest hurriedly opened the door and realised even the rainfall had become gentle and there was no thundering. The flooded waters were now at the foot level.

How can such a harsh floods calm down so suddenly ? He wondered and so did all the people who came out of their homes. They all looked at the Kedarnath temple, from where the harsh flow of the torrent of Mandakini broke.

They were shocked to see a young woman, coming out as if nothing happened. Seeing her drenched body it was sure that the flood definitely hit her, but for some reason it had no impact.

The old priest was quick to understand that whatever has happened was due to her. And thus he rushed towards her joining his hands.

"Devi ! Devi ! Yeh kaisa chamatkaar kiya aapne ? Itni Vinashak Baadh ko shaant kar diya ?" The priest said.

The people were shocked hearing him, as they whispered amongst themselves.

"Yeh toh koi prasidh Tapasvini lag rahi hai." One of them said.

"Inka tej dekh ke lagta hai ki yeh awashya koi divyaatma hai." Another said.

"Ho na ho, inhone hi baadh ko roka hoga." Some other person said.

All the people went towards her with joined hands, some even getting down on their knees.

"Yeh chamatkaar kaise kiya aapne Devi ?" The priest asked.

"Bhitar ki shaanti, bahar ke tufaano ko bhi shaant kar deti hai. Yadi bahar ke tufaano se bhayebhit ho jaoge, toh bhitar ki shaanti kaise milegi ? Ab aagya dijiye." Vidyashree said and went on her way.

The rest of the people bowed down to her, as she continued her journey to the next destination.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Finally exams over and they were good ✨ Now I can peacefully update 🌝🌝🌝

So first Amarnath, then Kedarnath.... Can you guess which is Vidyashree's next destination ?

Hint - Dharmport ke Kuldevta dwara sthapit Dhaam 🌝🌝