CHAPTER 42

"Pranaam, Rajarshi Dashrath." She greeted which made him drop his bow and join his hand as he looked at her astonished.

It didn't take a sage king like Dashrath long to realise that the young woman in front of her wasn't an ordinary one

It didn't take a sage king like Dashrath long to realise that the young woman in front of her wasn't an ordinary one. And it was not due to the fact that she was petting a tiger, no. It was due to the divine aura she had.

"Pranaam Devi. Badi divya aur asadharan pratibha hai aapki. Aisa pratit hota hai ki hum sab jinki puja karte hai, aap unhi ka ansh hai. Kripiya kar apna parichaye de, devi." Dashrath requested.

"Kiska parichaye puch rahe hai aap ? Aatma jo anant hai ya yeh Nashwar deh ?" She asked.

"Aatma aur Paramatma ke satya toh keval Brahmarishi hi jaante hai. Yeh hum Rajarshiyo ke samarthya ke bahar hai. Meri samajh mei aaye, uss anusaar apna parichaye dene ki kripa kare." Dashrath said humbly.

"Mera naam Vidyashree hai, mai Kashmirpur-naresh Gyaansagar aur Maharani Brahmavani ki putri hu. Ek Bhagirathi prayas ko safal karne, apna ghar tyaag, tapasya hetu nikli hu." Vidyashree said.

"Woh Vidyashree jisne 10 Upanishado ki rachna ki ? Woh jinse koi kabhi shaashtraarth mei jeet nahi paya ?" Dashrath asked astonished.

"Ji." She nodded with a smile.

"Aho Bhagya humare ! Shaashtro mei padha tha ki jab Bhagwaan manushya roop dhaaran karte hai toh bahut kam logo ko unhe pehechanne ka saubhagya milta hai. Aap se mil kar mera rom-rom harshit ho utha hai. Mai yeh harsh aur saubhagya apni patniyon ko bhi dena chahta hu. Kripya mere saath mere Raj-bhavan chale, aur aatithya swikaar kare." Dashrath requested joining his hands.

"Aapke aur aapke kul ke varisht sanskaar hai. Mai aapka aatithya swikaar karti hu." Vidyashree smiled.

At that Dashrath's face lit up with inexpressible joy.

"Padhariye devi ! Padhariye !" Dashrath said excitedly

Vidyashree looked at the tiger, petting him one last time before going with Dashrath.

----

On the banks of river Sarayu, was the great Janpad of Koshal, whose capital city Ayodhya, established by Manu himself, flourishing and abundant, kept bustling with activity.

The fortified city stood true to its name, Ayodhya - that against which one cannot fight a war. Even the men and women of various communities were of a virtuous and strong character.

In the Puja-sthal of Ayodhya palace, the first wife of Dashrath Maharani Kaushalya completed offering her daily prayers to Bhagwaan Vishnu.

Suddenly the princess of Kashi and the third queen of Dashrath, named Sumitra entered the room, with a smile on her face.

"Maharaj Akhet se laut aaye hai." Sumitra said.

This news perked up the ears of the second and most beloved Queen of Dashrath, Kaikeyi, who was making flower garlands. She stood up from her work with a wide smile.

 She stood up from her work with a wide smile

"Toh mujhe unke swagat hetu jana chahiye." Kaikeyi said.

"Kintu Jiji, Maharaj ke swagat ka pratham adhikaar toh Kaushalya Jiji ka hai." Sumitra said.

"Mere anusaar yadi Maharaj ki sabse priya Rani unka swagat karenge toh woh aur bhi harshit honge." Kaikeyi said.

"Kintu-" "Koi baat nahi" Sumitra wanted to argue but Kaushalya interrupted while walking towards them.

"Yadi Kaikeyi Maharaj ka swagat karna chahti hai toh karle." Kaushalya said.

"Kshama kare jiji, mai toh keval iss liye keh rahi thi kyuki Maharaj ke saath ek vishesh Atithi hai." Sumitra said.

"Vishesh atithi ? Kaun ?" Kaikeyi asked.

"Nahi gyaath. Kintu itna pata hai ki Maharaj unhe apne ashwa par bitha ke laa rahe hai aur swayam pag par chal rahe hai." Sumitra said.

"Toh aise vishesh atithi ka swagat, Kaushalya Jiji ko hi karna chahiye." Kaikeyi said.

"Uchit hai." Kaushalya nodded.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Contrary to popular depiction and beliefs..... Kaushalya and Kaikeyi didn't had a sweet relationship as per Valmiki Ramayan.

Although their relation with each other's kids were pure and full of love, their relation towards each other wasn't the best.

We will look into it in the Ramayan segment of the series.

Also to those who are wondering if Shanta will be there.... She's not mentioned in Valmiki Ramayan so I won't show her.

Because I am trying to be as accurate as the authentic version as possible. Ofcourse since it's HHS, there are limitations, it cannot be 100% accurate but I will try my best to show the story as real as possible.