CHAPTER 22

The sun had set in the city of Kanchi, in her home Aparna was serving food to Bhargav and Padmamukh with the help of Damini. The girl used to help her with whatever chores there were around the house and never complained.

She was infact grateful that Aparna allowed her to help, in this way she didn't feel like a burden to anyone. But today along with being grateful, Damini was joyous as she got the chance to serve Bhargav.

Sometimes she would zone off while looking at his ever so attractive face. It definitely had a captivating opulence, that not only Damini but all the maidens of Kanchi were awe-struck when they saw him offering morning prayers by the river.

But Bhargav didn't even look at any of them, he didn't even look at Damini whether she was serving him or greeting him as courtesy. He would greet her back as he should but with lowered gaze.

But it wasn't odd coming from the student of Parshuram himself, ofcourse he would show the highest level of discipline and respect to all.

Suddenly their peaceful dinner was interrupted, when they heard screaming outside. They all frowned getting up and going towards the gate of their house, only to see few Asuras wrecking havoc and troubling the residents.

"Kaki..." Damini held the hand of Aparna in fear, while the latter caressed her face to calm her down.

"Bhayebhit na ho putri, woh bhitar nahi aa sakta." Aparna reminded her, due to the power of her penance, the home was free of negativities and hence no Asur could enter lest it gets reduced to ashes.

Bhargav went back in and came back with his bow, running outside his home to the aid of the residents.

"Bhargav !" Padmamukh was about to go behind him but Aparna held him back.

"Parshuram Shishya hai woh." She told.

Seeing the Asuras terrorising the people, Bhargav went and stood in front of them, pulling the string of his bow and then letting it go, the impact of which startled the Asuras causing them to fall backwards.

"Asahaye manushyo par atyachar karke koi bhi swayam ko shaktishali maan sakta hai. Kintu yadi samarth hai toh mujhse yudh karo." Bhargav said.

The Asuras snapped their heads at him and got up again. They lunged at Bhargav, only to get pierced by his sharp arrows. Only one was standing in front him now and that too afraid.

"Kumukh ne bheja hai ?" Bhargav asked.

"H-Ha." The Asur nodded nervously.

"Usse jaa ke kaho ki Kanchipuram se apni ku-drishti hata de. Anyatha parinaam uske hit mei nahi hoga." Bhargav said.

The Asur nodded and then flew away, Bhargav shook his head and then turned around only to see the residents looking at him with shock but also gratitude.

"Kripiya, aap sab ghayal hai. Apne gharo mei jaa ke vishram kare." Bhargav said and walked away.

Reaching his home he saw neighbours arguing with Padmamukh and Aparna regarding Damini.

"Aaj punah unn Asuro ne akraman kiya hai Acharya ji, Damini ke karan hum sab ko khatra hai." A man said.

"Toh kya kare ? Iss asahaye kanya ko Kumukh ko dede ? Jisse woh apni vasna purn kar sake ?" Aparna said.

"Tapasvini, aapke liye kehna saral hai. Aapki tapasya se aapka Ghar surakshit hai kintu humara nahi !" A woman said.

Bhargav looked at them arguing when he heard the sobs of Damini, poor girl had no where to go. No place to call home. Nowhere to take refuge besides the shelter of his mother.

Damini's gaze were on the floor, because of her the residents were being terrorised. No matter how much she tried she would always be a burden to everyone, she thought.

"Damini kahi nahi jayegi." Bhargav's firm voice made her look at him.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Bhargav channeling his inner Yuddheshwar 🌝🌝