Chapter 1

"I won!!!" I shriek with glee as I laugh uncontrollably at my friend Scott, with whom I am playing FIFA 21 online.

"I'm always your boss in this game," I say, chuckling while he makes a throat-clearing motion.

"Let's play one more game." He finally says, and I keep grinning.

"I miss defeating you," I boast in my deep voice.

I'm thrilled to be back home after my vacation in Paris to begin the last semester of my senior year at Imperial College.

"What's up with resumption, dude?" He inquires. Scott and I are both Imperial College students enrolled in the same program.

"Dude, it's our last semester, we're going to have a blast, more money, more ladies, more party, more games," As I am speaking, he interrupts.

"The only son of Chief Anderson is talking." He calls out and I grin.

He is right. My father, Chief Anderson, the owner of the five-star Spring hotel and suites, is one of Lagos's affluent men, and I am always happy to be his only son.

I start to say, "I.." but stop as I hear a knock at my door.

"Yeah?" Whoever is at the door gets my attention.

"Maria", she announces. That is one of our housekeepers.

"What do you want?" I question.

"Chief wants to see you in his study right away," she says, and I exhale.

"Guy, let me call you back," I say to Scott, and he hangs up. I take off my headphones, set them on my bed, and walk out of the room.

Since I returned from Paris yesterday, I've been itching to see my father, and now that he has my time, I dare not refuse him.

On my way to his study, which is also upstairs, I come across his bodyguard, who wears a black shade on his face.

I've never seen this man grin in all his years here. What kind of work is that, my goodness?

I knock on the Chief's door, and as I step in, I say, "Hey, Chief."

I can't believe my eyes when I see Tracy, my girlfriend, cuddling with my father on the couch.

The first thing you notice when you go into the study are the two white sofas at right angles to one other, as well as an office chair facing the other two office chairs and a center table on the right side of the office. There's also a bookcase with a ton of books on it which makes me wonder if my dad actually reads them or if they're just there for display.

"Son," Dad responds. "It's good to see you back,"

I giggle a bit because I can't believe what I'm seeing, disregarding dad's remark as my gaze is drawn to Tracy's.

Tracy and I agree on an open relationship, but being with my father is the last thing I anticipate from her.

"Wow! Michael Anderson? It's a pleasure to meet you." She says in her sultry tone as I settle on the tiny couch next to them.

I'm now close to dad as Tracy is on his other side.

"Do you know him?" Dad inquires.

"Of course, Chief," She responds while giving me the side-eye. "Besides the fact that we both attend Imperial, who in the city wouldn't recognize the Chief's son?" She adds while flashing a shady smile.

"Oh! You're right," Dad answers.

The dream I'm having is only a dream someone should please wake me up right now.