Chapter 28

Two ladies hurry toward me the moment I get out of my whip after racing down to Orange bar which is also situated on a street in Ikoyi.

"Hey Mike, it's good to see you tonight," One of them says as I am closing the door. I turn around to them.

I can see they aren't the ladies who came to me yesterday. Even though it's already late the color led light keeps changing around the bar and one can see someone from afar.

"Hey, what's up hotties?" I reply, smiling, and I hear the door on the other side closed, indicating Karen has also hopped out of the car.

"We are available for you," The other says winking at me.

"Oops," I react. "Already have a date," I add, looking at the other side for Karen. She eventually shows up in our presence, rocking her black off-shoulder bodycon and heels. Her braids are styled in a ponytail.

I palm out to reach her hand as she gets closer to me and we gently clasp them together.

"Oh!" The ladies react and leave our presence immediately while Karen clears her throat.

"Maybe you should have let me stay at home for you to enjoy the party with these hotties," She says and I scoff a little, staring at her.

"Well, maybe there is nothing we can do about it since you are the only cutie who is way too okay for me tonight," I reply and she blushes.

I bend to kiss the back of her hand, then suddenly hear a familiar voice. I stand upright to see Tracy also in a mini dress and Scott in his t-shirt and jeans with a pair of sneakers before us.

"I'm glad you guys made it," Tracy adds with a broad smile. She hugs Karen.

Karen slowly releases her hand off mine to hold Tracy.

This also makes me exchange pleasantries with my buddy, and shake hands with him with a side hug.

"Do not tell me Tracy is your party date," I whisper in his ear.

"It's not like I'm gonna have sex with her," He whispers back and I chuckle a little, releasing ourselves from the hug.

"Let's go in and have fun," Tracy declares happily and we start heading in.

"Whose party is it?" I ask.

I gently hold Karen's soft hand and we both look into each other's eyes, now walking hand in hand.

"My coursemate," Tracy answers. "She is celebrating her birthday,"

We enter the bar to see guests in their party dresses, dancing to hip-hop tracks the DJ is purveying, some are at the counters taking shots while others are roaming about. I can admit that these guests are more than my birthday guests.

"What will you guys like to have," Tracy whispers in my ear.

"Any mocktails for Karen and me," I reply to her.

"You mean cocktail right?" She smirks at me.

I sneer back at her.

"What?" She reacts.

"Chapman is okay," I say, almost in a harsh voice. Why would she want to offer Karen that? I can't blame her though as she doesn't know about her.

"For you also?"

"Yes," I answer clearly.

"I will be right back guys," She says to us and departs.

I look around and take Karen with me to sit down leaving Scott who is lusted by some ass.