Chapter15

"Good day class," The lecturer says and he starts walking out of the class. This was the second lecture I attended this morning.

The first one started at 7:00 am, followed by this one that just ended around 12:30.

To attend these lectures I couldn't return home after I went back to meet Scott last night.

We studied till 2 am and rested for some hours before preparing for today's lectures.

With indistinct conversation begins among us as everyone is packing their stuff, Scott and I also get up heading outside, our backpacks are worn on our bags.

"Any other lecture today?" I ask him. I barely check our schedule timetables and talk less of knowing them offhand.

He puts on his thinking face, trying to remember.

"No, we are free for the rest of the day," He finally answers.

Thank goodness! I have to go rest at home, at least, and most importantly see how Karen is doing.

To check on her indirectly, I had texted Maria earlier this morning and she told me Karen is preparing for her morning class which made me feel relaxed.

"Oh!" I say. "I'm going home then,"

"Same here," Scott replies. "Lot of sleep forming in my eyes," He adds and I chuckle a little while we head to get my motorbike.

After I dropped him at his hostel, I race home. I see Tracy standing still near the fence, outside the compound.

I wonder what she is up to with the sun gleaming on her while she holds a book to cover her face from the rays.

I stop riding in front of her and I take off my helmet, staring at her.

"Hey," She greets me as she moves close to me.

"What are you doing here?" I inquire, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm waiting for my Uber, Olivia couldn't let me in,"

"Why?"

"Chief is not around and she insisted I have no business here, so," She explains with her arms in the air while I let out a deep sigh.

I know Olivia doesn't like her but kicking her out is the last thing I expected her to do.

"I'm sorry about this," I plead on her behalf. She nods okay in agreement.

"I should drop you off," I suggest.

"No," She disagrees. "My Uber will soon arrive,"

I nod okay, she waves me goodbye smiling and I start the bike, making a  horn sound for the security man to open the gate for me.

Getting in, I went straight to the quarters to meet Maria. Her job is to clean the house and once she is done she goes back to her room to... I have no idea.

I knock on her door room.

"Yes?" She answers that.

"It's Mike,"

"Oh!" That is the last thing I hear until the door is opened by her.

"Hey, what's up?" I greet her with a smile, still standing at the entrance while she is facing me.

"I'm fine,"

"And Karen?"

"Uhm, She called me on the phone to tell me she has left for her area after class,"

"What!...why?" I stutter, furrowing my brows in confusion with a shrug.

"Honestly I don't know," She answers. "She also told me she will be going to college from there,"