Chapter 68

"You may now begin your closing statement," The crown stands as the judge makes an announcement.

Considering everything that has been stated and heard in court, I don't believe Jeff will be released, but my father might.

"My Lord, the cocaine-filled bag discovered in Chief Wole Anderson's residence proves that he and his personal assistant, Jeffery Okoh, intend to trade the drugs. Michael Anderson, the accused's son, acknowledged throughout his testimony that his father is a drug trafficker. They ought to be held accountable for their role in this drug trafficking act." The Crown is seated.

"Defense, you may proceed." Dad's attorney is standing while the judge speaks.

"My Lord, you have heard today that Chief Wole Anderson has nothing to do with the cocaine-filled suitcase discovered in the office of his PA, Jeffery. You are aware that the doctor confirmed his son Michael was under the influence of alcohol when he made such a statement about my client to defend Jefferey, who was responsible for the luggage discovered in his office. My Client has no awareness of the suitcase. His personal assistant Jefferey, in his case, testified and acknowledged that in the nine years, he has known my Client, he has never seen him distribute drugs. In light of this, Chief Wole Anderson shouldn't be punished. He is innocent."

I hear my sister's voice next to me as Dad's attorney is speaking.

"He's not innocent," She shouts in such a way that it draws attention to our seats, and by the time I get to get a glimpse of her, she has already stood up.

She says again, "He is not innocent."

"Do you have any evidence for your claim?" The Judge responds.

My sister responds, "Yes, he admitted to me that he is the owner of the suitcase containing cocaine seized in his PA office."

Dad's attorney intervened, saying, "You don't have any evidence to support the claim, Miss Olivia."

"I have evidence that he confessed to me" I gasp in disbelief as Olivia replies.

"Please appear at the witness stand," My sister moves toward the witness at the judge's urging. No one here, perhaps except for my dad, is aware of what she is doing, I'm sure.

She takes the oath and introduces herself to the court after entering the witness box, and the judge then starts questioning her.

"Who are you to the defendant or the co-defendant?"

"I'm Chief Anderson's biological daughter and Jefferey's girlfriend," She explained.

"What evidence do you have to present to the court?"

Olivia responds while displaying her phone, "I have an audio recording of my father confessing to me he owned the suitcase found in Jeff's office."

To make it audible to everyone in the court, the clerk went to get her phone and connected it to a Bluetooth speaker.

"Dad, what the hell is going on? Why would Michael make such a statement?"

"Since we don't get along, I have no idea, but I suspect he and Jeff planned this."

"I know my brother very well..."

"Remember that he was drunk, so he made that statement while under the influence of alcohol,"

"No, Dad, he had gone live before he drank off the alcohol,"

"Just because his friends said it doesn't mean it's true,"

"Father, I need nothing but the truth from you."

"Please don't tell me you believed what your brother said about me,"