Chapter 51

"Come in," I manage to say as a constant knock jolts me awake. The sound of someone striding toward me in high heels as the door opens is audible to me.

Considering how valiantly this individual is attempting to distract my attention, indicates that it is likely my sister.

The light is then turned on and I completely open my woozy eyes to see the sun's rays blazing through my window.

I turn over on my bed, now resting on my back and stretching my arms, and Olivia's voice follows, "I hope you are not having any paper this morning for you to still be sleeping by this time."

I can already feel my morning wood from within my jockey trunk. It's so obvious that I hurriedly get up and cover it with my blanket.

She smiles broadly at that.

"The sun isn't the only thing that rises in the morning," She adds, and I roll my eyes, putting my head against the headboard.

She is dressed in a classy gown and heels. Together with the diamond jewelry she wore and the LV bag, she is holding, her curly wig that was affixed to her hair looked good on her.

Her perfume smells excellent on her as well.

Olivia and I hardly see or speak these days because I am rarely home during this exam period and she is equally busy with her job. When I came yesterday, she and dad had already turned in for the night.

"How are your papers going?" She inquires, as she sits near me on the bed, facing me.

I reply, "Just one paper left."

"Wow! Finally, "She seems amazed, and I nod in agreement.

"Mom called," When she continues, I make a loud groan. "I'm embarrassed that I'm here and don't even know what's going on between you and dad,"

"Can we please not talk about this?" I frown, glancing at her.

"Why?"

"Because you're going to be late for work and it's too early for this,"

"I know right, yet, I came here, indicating that I know what I'm doing." She argues and I shake my head.

"Maybe you should go and see dad then, he was the one snitching on me after all," I retort, and she sighs.

"I know it's about this election, and we, his kids of all people have no cause to question his competency,"

"Really?" I respond by sneering.

"He has made every effort to save you and Me any pain, so when he now needs our unwavering support, we shouldn't think twice about giving it to him," She admonishes. "No one is a saint, and no one is flawless, but I trust our old man. He'll do well in his regime, it's only that I'm concerned about his relationship with Tracy."

I alter the subject by saying, "It makes me think of you and Jeff."

The fact that humans make mistakes does not excuse what my father did.

Even if we forget about the crime he did in the past, what about his presence, which will shape the future?

She managed to respond, stammering, "It has...nothing...to...do...with...our...discussion."

"Yes, but don't you think I should know what's going on between you two?" I answer. "Are you back with him?" I add, keeping my eyes fixed on her as I am trying to read her face.

"Nothing needs to be known." She responds in a collected manner, which convinces me they are reuniting. Yeah, she gets to make that decision, and I hope she won't regret it when she learns more about Jeffrey.