Chapter 11

It's another evening to hit the gym and also resume back at work.

Things have been really weird since I came back from Paris, getting to know stuff about my dad.

The fact that I can't even fight him is the worse and now I have to go to the gym every evening to probably get the confidence one day.

Scott and Tracy have agreed to be joining me at the gym studio to work out together.

"Heading out again?" Olivia who is watching the news on TV asks the moment she sees me stepping into the living room.

"Do not stay long like you did last night," She adds.

"Come on Olivia," I react. "I told you I dropped by to watch a football match with Scott,"

"Like you don't have a tv in your room to see whatever you wanted to see," She argues and I shake my head in disbelief.

"Stop acting like a mom," I retort.

"I'm just worried about my little brother, knowing how insecurity the country is," She shrugs, clarifying. "Besides you are a governor's son,"

Her last words baffle me a little.

"He hasn't won the election," I shrug.

"Don't be pessimistic," She replies. "When did you stop supporting him?" She adds furrowing her eyebrows.

Well, the day I know more things about him. I answer in my mind as she continues.

"He has worked so hard to get to this level by winning the primary election, he needs our support to the end,"

"Of course," I agree, faking my smile at her while I start heading to the kitchen to get a bottle of water in the fridge.

How I wish she knew her dad.

Not watching my way as I get to the entrance, I suddenly bump into someone in front of me, and gosh some juice splashing on my body.

I look over my body, my white t-shirt and jeans stained yellow.

"Ouch," The person I collided with, reacts in a feminine calm voice.
"Jeez! So sorry about this,"

I raise my head to see who the lady is. Surprisingly, it is this lady who rejected me at my birthday party.

Wait, is she working here? She must be one of the two chefs that are just recruited, noting she wears an apron and toque on her head, carrying a serving trail.

Funnily, I fix my eyes on her as I am flabbergasted to see her here. I start wondering why I approach her that night in the first place that she even had the gut to turn me down.

She is not even my damn spec. I deal with both big booty and boobs but the reverse is the case here even though she has a perfect shape, hourglass, I think.

She is glowing brown-skinned like me and has an average height, a bit taller than my sister Olivia.

"Meet me in my room now," I said in my deep voice, clearing my throat.

Then I turn back to go and change my outfit.

I keep thinking about this strange girl that I couldn't respond to Olivia who asks me what happened as I pass by the living room heading upstairs.

Stepping into my room, I take off my t-shirt and jeans.

Now in my undershirt and shorts, pacing the room, I reach for my phone and dial the HM's number.

Ringing, she picks up.

"Hi, Mike," She says.

"Hi," I reply. "Are you sure the chefs Olivia and I asked you to recruit are the ones you recruited?"