Chapter 24

"When are we having the next training?" One of my teammates asks me after we are done with today's training.

While on the field, everyone looks exhausted with sweats dripping off us under the ideal 11. Am Sun.

Some start arguing about tonight's premier league match on who is going to win between my club, Chelsea and Liverpool.

"Go ask the coach or the captain," I say to the guy and I concentrate back on the argument. Eighty percent are sure about Liverpool winning the match while my fellow blues are strongly disagreeing.

I wish I could join them in the argument but I have to meet up with Karen. She had texted me that she is also done with the tutorial.

It's a sunny Saturday and I can't wait to spend it with her.

"You guys can bet, you know," That is all I can say to them with a shrug.

"If you are sure about this, I can bet with you Mike," One of them replies to me.

"Ah ah," I laugh sarcastically, gesturing no.

"Mike does not want anyone to win his money this time," They all laugh at me.

They all know I suck at predicting scores and winners and that I lose most of my money on bets.

"Let's wait and see this evening then," I retort and start making my way to the restroom to quickly clean up and change back to my ripped jeans, casual t-shirt, and a pair of leather sneakers.

After that, I raced down to Karen's department, and hopping out of my whip, I instantly come across her chatting with some folks.

I lean on my car with my legs crossed under the mango tree, keeping my eyes on her in her flirty floral sundress, her tote bag slung around her shoulder.

I wonder why I do admire her so much the fact that she is not even my sort of girl.

My phone starts buzzing. It's Scott.

"Hey, dude," He greets me the moment I pick up his call.

"Hey,"

"Are you done with the training?"

"Yeah,"

"Can you come over to play PS 5 and watch your match together in the evening? I'm bored," He inquires.

Scott is an Arsenal fan, seeing a football match with him is always interesting. We do make fun of each other whenever one's club is losing the match.

I turn around, now facing my car with my hands on it.

"No," I answer.

"Why now?"

"I'm hanging out with Karen,"

"What?" He exclaimed, his voice sounding in surprise. "This is becoming real?"

I chuckle a little at that.

"Are you doubting me before?"

"Just take it easy okay," He cautions me. "Do not play her too much if you don't want her to end up murdering you," He adds and I burst out laughing.

"Let's see how it goes..." I pause as I hear someone clearing throats.

I turn around to shockingly see Karen behind me, smirking at me.

Wait, I hope I'm not on speaker.

"Okay," Scott says and I feel a little bit relaxed.

"I will holla at you later," I say to him and I hang up.