Chapter 3

A day before my birthday, when Jeff informed me that the purchase of my new whip had been finalized, I go to my father's study to ask for his approval of my birthday celebration.

Celebration leads to a new beginning, and the more you celebrate your life, the more life there is to celebrate.

As we only get one life to live, you are really blessed if you get two, thus this is what I always love to do.

I have very little regret over negative experiences that have happened in my life because I cherish my life so highly.

I look forward to living my entire life to the fullest.

One thing I like about my father is how hard he has worked to provide for us, and I will always be happy to be one of his children.

On my route to his study, I come across Tracy, who has come out of his study and is now walking towards me. The second I see her makes me feel differently.

I'm curious as to what my father sees in her given that she now has access to the entire mansion, including his study, which is off-limits to any typical person.

"Hey, boo," Tracy says, moving closer to me and smiling.

Right, she is quite attractive, but the fact that she preferred my dad over me is enough for me to believe that she is unreliable.

In my opinion, I'm not jealous. No way!

"I can see you are coming from the chief's study," I respond, admiring her full figure in her tight leggings and pink crop top as I glance all over her.

So Dad is doing this at his own risk if anything happens.

"Of course," She replies. "Seen you around then?" She continues, putting her almond-shaped acrylic fingernails on my shirt chest while luring me with her long false eyelashes.

All I want now is to grab her big booty and do whatever I want with her, to feel her, but she has gone too far.

I started to walk away from her and go to the study since I was unable to answer her. For all I care, she can only have my dad, I have nothing more to do with her.

As I approach the study entrance, I knock, then open the door and enter. Dad turns around to face me while swiveling in his chair and puffing on a cigarette.

"My boy," He adds, exhaling a jet of smoke from his mouth.

I decide to join him as I sit in the chair facing him after catching sight of a pack of cigarettes and a lighter on the table.

He is just watching me as I take one for myself, light it up, put it in my mouth, and begin puffing.

"You are just turning 21 Michael," He breaks the pause and before I could respond, I let out a puff of smoke.

"You are my mentor, Dad," I finally say, turning my gaze back to the items set on his table.

"Like father, like son," I add and we both start laughing.

Amid his laughter, he replies, "But honestly, your mom must not know this."

"She's not here," I smirk and grab a printed picture that has fallen into a flower vase close to the humidifier.

Dad reacts by clearing his throat, and I don't mind gazing at the picture.

It's an old photo of my dad standing next to a man in a suit while clutching a briefcase. I have never seen the photo before.

To my confused stares, He replies, "That was my boss 20 years ago.

"Where is he?" I ask.

"He is dead." He gives a quick response.

He clenches his teeth angrily, which leads me to wonder if he missed him that much or if there is another reason for his reaction.

Well, that's not my concern.

I drop the printed picture and say, "I'm throwing a party in your hotel bar tomorrow night."

To celebrate my birthday and my new whip, I want to host a bar party with several friends.

"Must you throw a party about this, it's not like an achievement. " Dad frowns as he says. I follow suit by putting my cigarette out and setting it down on the table as he did.

"My desires coming true is an achievement for me, Dad," I argue, rolling my eyes.

"Well, for the fact that it is going to help my political ambition, tell Jeff to approve it." He agrees, shrugging.

"Then why do you disagree in the first place, and why does Jeff always refer me to you before he can approve my request?" I ask him those questions because I'm a little upset about the circumstance.

"Well, Jeff is only doing his job," He says with clarity. "And the previous one? For your information, your sister is moving back here to work for me," I smirk at his final remark.

I now understand what he is doing to irritate me.

"That suits her", I quickly respond.

"That sounds like jealousy," He remarks.

Why the hell would I be envious of her? Olivia is my oldest and only sibling who stays with mom in the UK

She can come over to take care of our father's business now that she has completed her master's degree.

"You know I'm not interested in it," I say, furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's the point, Mike. " Dad responds. "Why can't you follow in my footsteps since this is the final semester of your bachelor's degree? Politics and business are everything in this country."

"I have my own dreams, Dad, after all, business is wide." I elaborate. "I've got my spot,"

"I wonder if being a part-time gym trainer will take you anywhere," His dismissive comment causes me to shake my head in disbelief.

He never believes in me, which is the issue. I'm done with this conversation, for real.

The instant I stand up, He responds, "You don't walk out on me, dude. We're still in the middle of a conversation,"

"What's the point?" I sigh. "What else do you want us to talk about when you never listen to me,"

"I just care about your future boy, you are growing," He says as he slouches in his chair and slowly spins.

"Thanks for your concern Dad," I respond sarcastically and I begin to leave his study.

I appreciate that he is a role model for me and others in terms of his accomplishments in entrepreneurship and politics, but it is not my fault that I do not wish to follow in his footsteps.